Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for your opinion on the best body mounts to put on my 2011 F250 Lariat. I have been looking at S&B however they are pricey compared to others.
Any help would be greatly appreciated !

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Not sure how long they have been out.
The reviews I have read are positive but the price is up there.
I can't find any body mounts on their website, but it does look like they make some boss trumpets... ;-)

But in all seriousness, it seems like the consensus among members is to pay-up for the S&B body mounts. If you want some other recommendations, I'd recommend searching around the forum. There are a bunch of helpful threads on mounts & installation. Good Luck!

·
Registered
06 6.0 drw 635 rwhp (retired) 08 KR build in progress
321 Posts
I’m planning on installing my s&b tonight hopefully I’ll have something to report tomorrow

·
Registered
321 Posts
So started on replacing mine at 5:15, had to do it on the ground as there is a traverse getting timing chains on the lift I needed. I was putting tools away at 8:05 so it went fairly well. As a former engineer for one of the big 3, I don’t see how S&B could’ve made these any better. The material feels good, they fit extremely well, and the feel is excellent. Not noisy or too stiff or overly soft like the newer Chevy trucks. One of my biggest gripes with the Silverado’s is that cab feels disconnected from the frame on the backroads, I’ve drove tons and they all feel that way. I know the price is steep on these mounts but the fit and finish is great, I don’t think you’d find anything to complain about using them. If you install yourself have a sawzall handy with a fine tooth blade. Three of mine wouldn’t separate the upper and lower so I cut them right above the frame made life quick and easy. Only had one cage nut spin it was the right rear one. Easy access behind the rear seat though to the nut. One of my front bolts was mia from whoever had the cab off last. I used my induction heater on the heads of all the bolts for a minute or so before removing and they came out easily other the aforementioned one. If so much work on vehicles and live in the salt belt those heaters are awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
So started on replacing mine at 5:15, had to do it on the ground as there is a traverse getting timing chains on the lift I needed. I was putting tools away at 8:05 so it went fairly well. As a former engineer for one of the big 3, I don’t see how S&B could’ve made these any better. The material feels good, they fit extremely well, and the feel is excellent. Not noisy or too stiff or overly soft like the newer Chevy trucks. One of my biggest gripes with the Silverado’s is that cab feels disconnected from the frame on the backroads, I’ve drove tons and they all feel that way. I know the price is steep on these mounts but the fit and finish is great, I don’t think you’d find anything to complain about using them. If you install yourself have a sawzall handy with a fine tooth blade. Three of mine wouldn’t separate the upper and lower so I cut them right above the frame made life quick and easy. Only had one cage nut spin it was the right rear one. Easy access behind the rear seat though to the nut. One of my front bolts was mia from whoever had the cab off last. I used my induction heater on the heads of all the bolts for a minute or so before removing and they came out easily other the aforementioned one. If so much work on vehicles and live in the salt belt those heaters are awesome.
Got a link on your heater?

·
Registered
321 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts