Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
This thread would in no way discourage me from purchasing another 6.7. I absolutely love this truck. I do wish it was a 2015. I owned a 1999 7.3 and loved it too but there is no comparison between the two. The 6.7 rocks! The squeaky wheel gets the grease and I'm sure something was worked out with him and Ford. I would despise that stealership.

BTW, I laugh at the thought of people jumping ship to buy a Dodge. I owned one. Crap engine and trans. I do not have enough space here to write about all the problems I had with my 2008 6.7 dodge. I'm back with Ford and here is where I'll stay.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I laugh at the thought of people jumping ship to buy a Dodge. I owned one. Crap engine and trans. I do not have enough space here to write about all the problems I had with my 2008 6.7 dodge. I'm back with Ford and here is where I'll stay.
A friend of mine has had a car hauling business since 2008. Originally he had two Dodges, a 3/4 ton 2003 and a 1 ton 2006. He upgraded to a 2012 1 ton Ram and has put 196,000 on it in two years. He's only had a water pump fail and an automatic headlight sensor. Dodge has pulled market share from both Ford and GM over the last two years. They're doing something right.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Two of my friends bought 2014 Rams within a month of me buying my F250. Both are diehard Dodge Boys. Both trucks have had problems. One truck so problematic that it's for sale. The other will drive it and love it no matter how bad it treats him. I've owned Ford, Dodge and GM. They all have their strong points but, the 6.7 Ford works best for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hate to bring this one back from the dead but I'd love to know, especially after reading 17 pages! I bought a 2011 6.7 in Oct that was built on 5/23/11, I'm hoping that's a late build? Has 143,xxx on it. Actually experiencing some power loss in 3rd gear, running up to 2000 rpms, it'll then drop to 1700 rpms, then continue on to 2000 or so & shift to 4th. Very annoying! It's heading to the dealer to get checked out tomorrow morning. Also hoping to have the wastegate noise after shut off (loud humming) fixed as well, annoying as well.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Can I get some foot notes on what happened? 17 pages is a lot to read.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Maybe the guy got fed up and jumped ship to another brand. Although that is unlikely as I'm sure he would have voiced more displeasure on here. Others could have been right in that ford reached an agreement with him and one of the terms was a non-disclosure agreement. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Maybe the guy got fed up and jumped ship to another brand. Although that is unlikely as I'm sure he would have voiced more displeasure on here. Others could have been right in that ford reached an agreement with him and one of the terms was a non-disclosure agreement. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.
I think you're probably right I_AM_RP3.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a early build 2/10 2011 F250 KR with 82k on it and I read all 18 pages. I am getting this deleted and tuned first thing after the holidays have passed. I hope to hell I never have this happen to my truck.

·
Vendor
12,866 Posts
I have a early build 2/10 2011 F250 KR with 82k on it and I read all 18 pages. I am getting this deleted and tuned first thing after the holidays have passed. I hope to hell I never have this happen to my truck.
You may, slight possibility, run into an exhaust valve issue. There was a small batch of 2011 trucks that had bad ones installed. Theres another thread on here from another member and he had the details of how many, and possibly the production dates IIRC. As his was one of them.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Randy, the OP has never followed up with this thread. This leaves one to wonder if he was required by Ford not to respond, or, and I say this with reservation, it could be a hoax.

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Randy, the OP has never followed up with this thread. This leaves one to wonder if he was required by Ford not to respond, or, and I say this with reservation, it could be a hoax.
Even if he was required not to say anything.. I would think he would come back just to read up what others are saying without posting. The fact that he hasn't come onto this site at all since May leads me to think he was full of it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nooooooo! I just read 18 pages.........I need closure!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just joined the forum due to this thread. The info I received from reading the 18 pages was invaluable to me as I just blew the engine in my 2011 6.7. I'm lucky that my truck is still in warranty, 68,000 miles and Ford is giving me a new engine, 100% covered. That said, after 16 years and over 320,000 trouble free miles on my 1999 F-250 7.3, I was a bit worried about this new engine.

I'm involved in a sport, retriever field trials, where most people have heavy duty pick ups with large 16 kennel "dog boxes" on the frame, plus they typically tow their travel trailer behind. Back in the 90s-early 2000s, three out of four people drove a Ford Super Duty, most tried the 6.0 and 6.4s as their 7.3s got old. As we started to hear bad things about the 6.0s and to a lesser degree the 6.4s, my wife and I decided to hang in there with our uber-reliable 7.3 until Ford came up with something better. The 6.7 seemed like it so we jumped on it in 2011 and have loved that truck since, then out of nowhere it threw an exhaust valve into the cylinder. Then after being towed to the dealer and checked out by the mechanic, it threw a rod through the side of the case as he was backing the truck out.

In reading this thread it sounds like my problem was specific to the 2011 models, true? I'm also unsure how much of a new engine I'm getting. It sounded like a completely new drop in replacement, I sure I don't have any control over what they are going to do, but I should find out. Last question, what is this about deleting the exhaust fluid system? I might look into that when my warranty expires in 32,000 miles.

Thanks
John from Montana

·
Love all, Trust a Few...
4,833 Posts
2011's had a few problems dropping valves and glow plugs breaking off falling into the cylinder.

If you get a complete 2015 engine you'll be doing very well. A LOT of internal upgrades and not to mention a much better turbo.

EGR, DEF, DPF deletes certainly help your engine and with proper tuning you get excellent fuel economy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2011's had a few problems dropping valves and glow plugs breaking off falling into the cylinder.

If you get a complete 2015 engine you'll be doing very well. A LOT of internal upgrades and not to mention a much better turbo.

EGR, DEF, DPF deletes certainly help your engine and with proper tuning you get excellent fuel economy.
That's exactly what happened to mine according to the mechanic at the dealership. I've been living in ignorant bliss just assuming this new engine is the equivalent of the old 7.3 which is still running great at over 320,000 miles and 16 years. Now that my confidence is shaken a bit, your post is good to hear.

161 - 180 of 190 Posts