Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have this noise happen to them? Dealer says is nothing to worry about. There are no codes or anything out of the ordinary. Noise wasn't there when I bought it. I have only had work done at dealer...oil changes and coolant additive.

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwLkq7GCWMY&context=C468ee1bADvjVQa1PpcFPKh5NW91Km_tq8Tbbiv-7-i-FMOdeEKrI=[/URL]

New to forum and not sure I added video or link correctly

·
Registered
94 Posts
I can't tell if that's fuel pump or not. Mine runs for a while after shut off but not that long.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Anyone ever have this noise happen to them? Dealer says is nothing to worry about. There are no codes or anything out of the ordinary. Noise wasn't there when I bought it. I have only had work done at dealer...oil changes and coolant additive.

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwLkq7GCWMY&context=C468ee1bADvjVQa1PpcFPKh5NW91Km_tq8Tbbiv-7-i-FMOdeEKrI=[/URL]

New to forum and not sure I added video or link correctly
Keep an eye on it!
:ORG welcome:

·
Registered
96 Posts
My truck has recently started making this noise as well. I have 24000 miles on it and just now started this. I have been deleted since 10000 miles. Wondering if there was ever an explanation from the dealer. I just don't wanna take the exhaust and stuff just for them to tell me its normal.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mine had that same noise for a few weeks before my water pump went up at 24K. When it went to dealer for water pump repair I mentioned the humming noise after shutoff and the dealer said yeah we know of the problem and know what it is. So they repaired the water pump and then diagnosed the humming noise after shut off. This is what the service ticket looked like when I got it back.

7306 verify customer concern, CK OASIS, TSB, SSM, KOEO TEST, COnt Codes, Koer Test, Po243, pinpoint test AK, PID monitor

EEC system Diagnosis (quick test)

Solenoid Asy - vacuum control
EEC system diagnosis - quick test.
Extra Time to repeat final test

EEC system diagnostic pin point test

PID recorder/monitor test with road test.

MT MT93882 Turbo Waste Gate Solenoid Assy.

So what I got out of all this was something was wrong with the Turbo Waste Gate Solenoid. I know nothing about turbos. However now I have 39K on the truck and it started making the sound again end of last week. Dropped truck off at dealer Monday night and they are so back logged they didn't even get to it and can't until next week. Said it shouldn't hurt to drive it I hope there right because I'm driving it. I really think Ford needs to hire some diesel mechanics.

So drove home and shut truck off and it hums for about 2 minutes after shutoff. No codes though that I know of and seems to run fine.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I contacted H&S and gave them the link to this thread. Hope they have an idea. I don't wanna go back to stock.

·
Registered
248 Posts
They said it was my mechanical vac pump but I disagree I still think its a egr bypass solenoid mounted to top of alternator

·
Registered
248 Posts
Anyone got anything??? I don't wanna go back to stock just to be a simple problem

·
Registered
248 Posts
I ordered a new waste gate control valve... pick it up tomorrow from the dealer.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have nothing but did get a phone # of a mechanic so I plan on giving him a call and asking him about the noise and if there is a fix. He is a diesel mechanic at a Ford dealer so I'll see what he says and then post it here. Good luck with the valve and let us know if that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Got the part in today got a better deal than the stealership. A buddy get me ford stuff at cost.

·
Registered
248 Posts
So far so good haven't driven it yet but she is quiet right now. Will post pics tonight and keep everyone updated

·
Registered
368 Posts
F350,

How is the truck doing after you replaced the part? I need to get with the mechanic this week to see what he thinks. If your noise is gone and it's not a hard part to replace maybe I'll just order one and try it.

Keep us posted. Mine makes a noise now for probably 2 - 3 minutes after shutoff and it even changes tune.

·
Registered
248 Posts
All good guys!!! Worked great. Quiet as a bee now

I can post some instruction as to how I did it if you guy want.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah post up what part you replaced and how hard it was to replace. The dealerships here are so backed up I hate to pay out of pocket when I have the warranty but not going to let the truck sit at the dealer for a week to be looked at either.

So any info. would be good.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.