Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a fully stock 2011 F250 6.7 with 50k miles. After driving the truck then sitting and idling for a while once you drive it again it throws a few codes. It has done this a couple times and I have been doing my research as to what it could be. The codes it throws is P132B (Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control A Performance), P0471 (Exhaust Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance) and P0402 (Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Flow Excessive Detected). Currently I have removed the exhaust back pressure sensor and it has the normal soot that everyone talks about. I am going to replace the sensor as well as clean out the line for the sensor. This may or may not be the problem but from what I have read it was a good place to start. I am new to the diesel world so please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Managed to get rid of codes P0471 and P0402 with the EBP sensor (which was full of soot), but after idling for a while in the heat once again the P132B code has come back. This time I lost the turbo completely no boost during acceleration. Got back to camp cleared the code and went back out on the road. Figured it needed to be cleared out so gave it the skinny pedal spooled up and took up off then a message on the dash came up that said "reduced power mode." Turned the truck off and drove back to camp. The next morning fired it up and it ran great on a 4 hour drive home. My guess is something is going on with the turbo veins while sitting and idling. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I could be wrong but a 2011 with only 50K may not have had a proper work out unless it was a seasonal tow rig. But that doesn't explain the sooty EBP sensor unless it idled lots. As for the turbo, first gen 6.7Ls are known for turbo issues. If you end up replacing it go with a 2015 turbo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could be wrong but a 2011 with only 50K may not have had a proper work out unless it was a seasonal tow rig. But that doesn't explain the sooty EBP sensor unless it idled lots. As for the turbo, first gen 6.7Ls are known for turbo issues. If you end up replacing it go with a 2015 turbo
engine hours are 1664
Idle hours 374
Current mileage 52k

Idle hours are a little over 22%

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seemed like boost was real low today after city driving for awhile. Besides running it hard, is there anything else I can do besides plan for a 2015 turbo upgrade?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Contemplating on the weight reduction upgrade which I would imagine would help me in this situation.

·
Registered
246 Posts
A delete wouldnt help the turbo. The '11s and '12s had ceramic bearings in the turbo that are prone to failure especially if the truck is shut down without allowing it to idle and cool the turbo when the EGTs are high.
IMO the turbo needs replacement. And I dont think there is a bandaid for it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts