Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a 2011 6.7 powerstroke turbo handle the extra power from a delete? I’m thinking about deleting my truck but I’m not to sure if the turbo will hold up.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Depends on how much extra power which is determined by the tuning. Deleting doesn't add a significant amount power, you can delete it and run a stock power tune if you want too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been for a few years. Pretty mild hp tune and fully deleted.
135k miles and turbo went out yesterday.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Over-spoolling is the killer for the ceramic bearings. IMO, anything over 20psi will shorten the original turbo life.

·
Registered
282 Posts
What they said. Tune will matter I'm running a tow tune from tyrant and don't see boost over 18 but I don't floor it either
I have 50k on my delete and as far as I know it's stock turbo at 175k miles my 11

·
Registered
151 Posts
MY 12 has been delete before I bought it and it had 62k and now i'm at 167k and still on the stock turbo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can a 2011 6.7 powerstroke turbo handle the extra power from a delete? I’m thinking about deleting my truck but I’m not to sure if the turbo will hold up.

Thanks
Full delete & stock tune on my ‘11. @ 145k miles. 7.5k miles later so far so good no issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a weirdly nice stock with 245k and deleted it with h&s tow tune and drove it to 280k without a problem, my wife and baby drove it at the end.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2012 had a weight reduction at 130,000 and the turbo said no more at about 180,000. Mainly ran a tow tune which I believe is around 40 hp over and changed my oil every 5,000 miles.
Definitely makes a difference in the lifetime after adding power to it. However, once the weight is reduced, it's a lot easier to change the turbo IMHO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts