Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2011 6.7 Crank no start

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Brokedow 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum and I feel like I have looked everywhere trying to locate a solution here. I have a 2011 F550 6.7. It wouldn't start one morning and we had it towed over to the dealership to figure out what was going on. Dealership pulled fault code p2291. Checked operation of volume control valve and confirmed that it was good. Performed debris test and confirmed that it is free of any debris. Recommended replacing hpfp, pressure regulator, filters, clean tank and lines and fill with fresh fuel. Long story short, we did that. when I got the old pump out I tore it down to see if there was any damage to the pump, and it shows me nothing. I cant even find scoring in the pistons on the pump to where it could look like it was STARTING to go bad. We went ahead and changed the pump, filters, pressure regulator, volume control valve, and cleaned out tank and filled up with good diesel. We are still getting a p2291. I have checked base pressure and I am getting about 66 psi and spec is 53-73psi on low side so I am good there. I did the bleed procedure that I have read everywhere on this forum on how to do it. I have checked the filter on the fuel rail and I have confirmed it is tight and locked in. I am no longer getting any air to the fuel rail, but cannot seem to get that code to go away, and get that truck to fire up. Truck only has 126,000 miles left on it so I know it has plenty of life left. I am at a complete loss. I am looking for any advice or help because I am not sure where else to go. I am sure there are things I am missing that I have already done that I haven't stated, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.