Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded around and acquired a pretty nice 2010 F250 with a cracked piston (it runs, but blows oil out of the exhaust and combustion gasses out the oil fill tube).
After much deliberation and parts price research I've decided to Cummins swap it (a set of injectors for the 6.4 cost more than I what bought a complete p-pump 12 valve for).

Has anyone else out there ever p-pump 12 valve Cummins swapped a 6.4L truck. I've seen a bunch of info on swapping 6.0 trucks but not the 6.4's.

Any help/ info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,096 Posts
look up swap helper for the tach adapter, better than tone wheels and more reliable, there should be someone out there with a DIY breakdown for the wiring harness

·
Premium Member
9,410 Posts
not super common on the 6.4l but there are companys that sell various kits. This one you choose the trucks info and then the info on the engine you want to swap in etc. not cheap though and thats not including the cummins engine etc. I have NO PERSONAL EXPEREINCE WITH THE COMPANIES BELOW they just sell kits. I heavily considered a swap around 2014 but life changed, moved, new job etc.

this one is specifically for the 6.4l swap StackPath

Reactions: Antonm

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
688 Posts
I don't have any information that's helpful, but if you want a fun 'series' to watch, Westen swapped a 5.9 into a 6.4 truck a while back.

First Video

·
Super Moderator
10,096 Posts
I don't have any information that's helpful, but if you want a fun 'series' to watch, Westen swapped a 5.9 into a 6.4 truck a while back.

First Video
He’s just a character all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fire From the Clouds!
1,752 Posts
Taylor Ray also has a good and informative build series on his 6.4 swap. Worth a watch.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not super common on the 6.4l but there are companys that sell various kits. This one you choose the trucks info and then the info on the engine you want to swap in etc. not cheap though and thats not including the cummins engine etc. I have NO PERSONAL EXPEREINCE WITH THE COMPANIES BELOW they just sell kits. I heavily considered a swap around 2014 but life changed, moved, new job etc.

this one is specifically for the 6.4l swap StackPath
I haven't bought any of the conversion parts yet (just the engine engine itself), but the DCS compressive kit is currently my plan "A", unless of course I can find something better. Destroke seems to offer individual parts, not so much complete kits. Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

First Video
Thanks. I watched the entire series. It was entertaining, but not overly informative (other that the fact it can be done with the cab on). Thanks again.

·
Hate stupid people
8,590 Posts
Join competitiondiesel.com
Lots of guys have done conversions using various Cummins motors info different ford trucks.
Wealth of knowledge

1 - 10 of 10 Posts