Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of or seen any information on putting an 2010 Bed on a 99 7.3? Would the connections be the same or different ect? I came across a good deal on one and was curious what all would be involved.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
The bed's are identical in every single way. It will bolt right on without issue. Even the earlier tailights/tailgate can be re-used, however you must change the one tailgate hinge that bolts to the bed to use the 99-07 gate.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bed's are identical in every single way. It will bolt right on without issue. Even the earlier tailights/tailgate can be re-used, however you must change the one tailgate hinge that bolts to the bed to use the 99-07 gate.
wow I was thinking it would take alittle bit of work as far as connections. Have you done the swap? Thanks for the info:icon_ford:

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
Yeah, pretty sure he's right on this. I don't know anyone who's personally done this - but I don't think there's anything different (besides the driver's side hinge on the bed, as stated)

·
Registered
115 Posts
it can be done, they will mount up perfectly, 2011 beds will even work with very very minor cosmetic differences, i have a 2011 bed and know one knows by looking at it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts