Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum; hello to all
Any significant changes coming on the 2010 model that may/should persuade me to wait for a couple months?

·
Registered
955 Posts
As I am also new to the Org, but I have been browsing! Instead of starting a new topic I was wondering just about the same thing. Figured you guys can help both of us out at the same time! I know with the 2010 you can't get the 3.73 rear end anymore, 3.55 is the biggest. I was also wondering if some people could post their opinions on they 2009 F250 (that own them). Ive also been hearing the gas millage has dropped because of the regen, but can be fixed with the Spartan dpf delete. Can anyone else fill me in on more information about the dpf delete tune, what else needs to be done, mechanically to the truck.

Im looking at a 2009 F250 XLT Supercab with 6 1/2 box specifically, since I still have some school left, it should be about 7 months as well.

:icon_ford:

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
There is going to be a huge difference between the 09 and 10 models. 2010 models depending on the time of year will have the new 6.7 liter engine

·
Registered
955 Posts
There is going to be a huge difference between the 09 and 10 models. 2010 models depending on the time of year will have the new 6.7 liter engine
True, waiting for that to happen, maybe by the time I will be purchasing. But right now the 2010 is with the 6.4, I dont think much else has changed though.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Other than some minor package changes and color changes, the engine and gear ratio are the only big changes. The only other major change you might want to consider is that the 6.7 engine will come with a new device along with the DPF to control emissions, and that would be Urea Injection. So to me I think that with that, it is going to become way to complicated to modify the exhaust in anyway, since the Urea is supposed to be injected after the DPF.

-BG06.

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Other than some minor package changes and color changes, the engine and gear ratio are the only big changes. The only other major change you might want to consider is that the 6.7 engine will come with a new device along with the DPF to control emissions, and that would be Urea Injection. So to me I think that with that, it is going to become way to complicated to modify the exhaust in anyway, since the Urea is supposed to be injected after the DPF.

-BG06.
One more change to add to the list. The 6.7 equipped trucks will be getting a true 6spd torqshift auto

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I own an 09 and so far love it. I believe I did right by waiting to get the 09 instead of the 08. They hopefully have gotten most of the bugs out of the system (radiators and steering issues). The navigation is better in the newer trucks, that will probably be the same in the 10's. As for the 6.7 engine, well I wouldn't want to be the first to spend
50k+ on it. But somebody's got too.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
On a side note, I do wish I could get that 6spd....I'd love that. With 3.55s and a 6th gear it should get good mpg.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tranny sounds great however, I do not want to be one of the first with the new 6.7L engine for obvious reasons.
Throw away navigation units are too cheap for me to consider paying the money for the in dash factory model.
Any electronic changes that can't be taken care of with a "tuner"?

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Well the only updates that I know of that may be different with the Nav units from 09 to early 2010 trucks; the Navs they said have been a little more refined, and ford has the first generation of the 911 assist system and the vehicle health reporting system coming out. 911 assist will use your bluetooth paired phone to contact emergency services in the event of a crash, kinda like GMs OnStar system, but no where near as advanced. And the vehicle health report is like OnStar as well, the computer sends info to Ford directly and you can have all the vehicle stats emailed to you, like tire pressures, brake system functionality, computer system, engine, etc. I think its a good step for Ford to take, just not sure how well everything will work, guess I'll find out in 6 weeks.

-BG06.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
One major deciding factor to help in your decision should be the rebates the 09 year will have when the 10s hit the lots.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Yuppers. Crap I really don't want to wait any longer but I gotta! I defiantly want an 09. Ugh march can't come any sooner! Maybe as early as January!

·
Registered
23 Posts
And the vehicle health report is like OnStar as well, the computer sends info to Ford directly and you can have all the vehicle stats emailed to you, like tire pressures, brake system functionality, computer system, engine, etc. I think its a good step for Ford to take, just not sure how well everything will work, guess I'll find out in 6 weeks.

-BG06.
That will be great, Ford will send you an email stating that your DPF is missing or you haven't had a regen in 500 miles. So much for tuning.:banging:
I'm not a fan of big brother.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Well its only if you sign up for it. Both of them, you have to go to ford's website and sign up for the service.

-BG06.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'd be happy to have a first run 6.7. I'd just be sure the 6 year 100,000 mile warranty was in place. Spartantech says it's a hell of an engine..

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Do the 2010 models with the 6.4 have the 6 speed TorqShift? I've seen dealers advertise it.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
I don't think the 6-speed is evem built yet. But hey if mine comes with one, I won't complain.:thumb:

-BG06.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2009 F250 4x4 Lariat CCSB totally stock
I have since had the smoked OEM hood deflector installed and have a Roll-N-Lock with cargo manager on order.

·
Registered
955 Posts
2009 F250 4x4 Lariat CCSB totally stock
I have since had the smoked OEM hood deflector installed and have a Roll-N-Lock with cargo manager on order.
I see you stuck with the 09 vs the 6.4 2010. How do you like it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far, I am really enjoying it. Going tomorrow to get the front two windows tinted to match the rest of the truck. Roll-N-Lock should be in next week and researching tuners and exhaust options. I have not had a truck in 3 years so this is quite an adjustment for me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts