Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a f350 and it's my first diesel so there was some negligence on my part as far as knowing what to look for before buying. It has 90k on it, but it seems the previous owner neglected to drain the water separator regularly. Recently popped the p0088 code, had it diagnosed and they said water and rust was found in the fuel system and recommended a complete fuel system rebuild. The dealership wants 10k for it which is why I don't use dealerships. I've read about rebuild kits but am unable to find one for the 6.4. Didn't know if anyone knew where I could find one or had any recommendations on how to proceed with the job or possibly any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Welcome to the .ORG, lots of good people here

I would suggest posting this over on the 6.4 problems forum or engine forum, you will get more eyes on it there

with that said, I suggest getting ForScan to monitor the engine parameters your self
drain the HFCM and change the fuel filters

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the .ORG, lots of good people here

I would suggest posting this over on the 6.4 problems forum or engine forum, you will get more eyes on it there

with that said, I suggest getting ForScan to monitor the engine parameters your self
drain the HFCM and change the fuel filters
[/QUOT
Ok I'll definitely move the post then. Thanks for the tip and the advice for the truck 👌👌

1 - 3 of 3 Posts