Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Gear Heads!

quick question. My grandfather is letting me have his 08 power fold mirrors off of his truck. One is broken so I’m planning on rebuilding it with a cheaper cased mirror. Has anyone on here retrofitted actual 08 mirrors to a 6.0 (mine is an 07) to use the power fold function? I understand that the door switch probably needs to be changed but if someone has, how did the process go? Different pig tails used? Part #? How they wired it would be great. Just wondering because I’m sick of have to manually fold them in and the shell is showing the 13 years of wear. If you have any useful input I’d appreciate it! Thank you.

sincerely,
Zac

·
Premium Member
11,604 Posts
Look in the exterior section. There's a sticky.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the guys name is DANTE04 ot something. unfort alot of teh pics were photobucket and broken now. IIRC.
Yeah man I found it and got lots of amazing info. I'm fortunate to have the 06-07 so it won't be as difficult as other swaps. My only issue is I have to rebuild one mirror because the case is destroyed but the guts are all intact.

·
It is What IT is
1,734 Posts
Hi Zac,
I did the 08 mirror conversion in my '07. I have not been on very much lately cuz of work. I installed the power folding switch and my mirrors cam from 1A Auto. Everything was just fine until it was time to install the PF options. The '07 trucks no longer have the wire loom and boot combo passing from the door to the cab. It was changed to be an electronic plug. I have not found a was to pass the wires from door to cab to activate the PF option. Not to say it can't be done. Between work, illnesses and travel (which is now null) I have not have any chance to work or drive the 6.0. As a matter of fact, I'm having other issues. Looks like I'm rebuilding my turbo in the very near future.....Keep us informed. I'd like to get that resolved too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts