Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple of weeks I’ve had an intermittent battery light that comes on shortly after starting the truck and remains on for a mile or less of driving and then goes out. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? It doesn’t seem to affect function or drive ability at this point.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It's probably your alternator on its way out. Have you measured if it's charging or not?

·
Registered
29 Posts
For the last couple of weeks I’ve had an intermittent battery light that comes on shortly after starting the truck and remains on for a mile or less of driving and then goes out. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? It doesn’t seem to affect function or drive ability at this point.
had the same issue due to a ground not connected to the firewall. found the unconnected wire, found a bolt that fit the wire and hole in the firewall and that fixed the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue I cleaned the battery post and wires to alternator the wire to the lower alternator was a little loose. I cleaned it up and got everything snug and light has not came back on. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.