Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 f350 SRW FX4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been having a no crank issue for the past 3 weeks and can't figure it out or where to go from here. Its a 2008 f350 FX4 automatic with a K&N cold air intake and a DPF delete. It has a tune but I have no idea what tune or tunner was used as I bought the truck a year and a half ago with these mods already done and haven't have a single issue till now.

Symptoms are no crank with keys but starts right up when I jump the starter with the wire by the air cleaner, reverse lights and park sensors aren't working, no transmission temp reading, the red light behind the drive position you're in isn't lit up or some times flickers (if it does happen to stay on for a few seconds it does start with the key), its in what seems to be limp mode when I jump the starter.

I've checked all fuses and swapped relays at both fuse box locations, put a new ignition switch, new key cylinder with 2 new keys programmed, tried disconnecting the fan clutch, plugged in a new neutral safety switch (just plugged it in to see if it would fix it before swapping out a good part), cleaned the connector and pins on the TCM, tried starting in neutral, and have tried deleting the 2 codes im getting but they don't go away. I'll post pictures of the codes I got on the scanner I used.

I'm truly stumped here and I'm good with my hands as I've done all my own car work since i was 16 and I'm a certified marine tech but nothing I've done has changed my no crank with key issue at all. Its gotta be an electrical issue but I feel I'm chasing my tail with all the electronics on newer vehicles. Decided to ask here before I have a diesel tech check it out because I'm seriously strapped for cash. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
2008 f350 SRW FX4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
try getting it flashed back to stock the reload the tunes you have back into the truck . my tuner went goofy and it would do a no crank no start. it is the best advice i can give
Thank you for your reply. Yeah I was thinking that would be the direction I'd have to head in next. I'm gonna have to take the PCM to be reflashed and get a hold of a tuner to reduce for the DPF delete and the K&N. Once I have a chance to do that or find another fix I'll post my results.

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
I suggest start here and lets see what the 5 volt ref signal reads, ForScan is a good tool for these engines
check also the start relay in the fuse box, terminal 30 should be hot and term 87 should run to the start wire
jump there and see if the engine cranks -- this will tell if it is a power side or a control side problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.