Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I need help. I have a 2008 F350 King ranch dually. I love my truck to death. I pulled a 40ft gooseneck trailer with it since it was new, I think I am done pulling for a while and I really want to put a 6in lift kit on it but I really dont like the dually. Can someone please tell me how can I convert the truck to single wheel?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Converted my 01 to a dually and if you find an 08 or if you have a salvage yard for trucks only, the rear will be straight forward. I found it easier to buy a used bed complete with wiring harness and fenders then to use kit fenders. Once I painted my bed and lined it, it and the dana 80 dually was a bolt on affair and plg n ply. As for your front end I think the housing is wider and the knucks out are different? It would be easier and cheaper for you to find someone to trade that might want ot do the opposite or to buy a front end to swap in. Then you have to do gears and speedo recallculate. Its up to you in the end. Hope this helps you deside?

1,627 Posts
lifted dullies look sexy..but at the right height, sounds like to much trouble to go through to convert it

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Not to talk you out of it? But good choice, even though my truck is one of a few around here.:woot:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts