Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight is my first major undertaking on the 6.4L, very excited/nervous about it. Doesn't seem too nerve wracking but really hoping for the best when/if I pull the water pump tonight that there is no signs of any cavitation or I am going to be one up-happy camper.

Also not too pleased to see VistaPro made in Mexico, hopefully its a different plant than Ford's crap comes out of. I was waiting for the Mishimoto Radiator but have to haul cars across mountains this weekend so no more waiting for me, will have to swap it out once released.

Parts pile;

Work begins in 45min-1hr or so, will try and take some pictures along the way for everyone, if anyone wants anything specific let me know!

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
Remember the fan clutch is reverse thread. Righty loosey

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Interested to see how it went...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couple delays selling other parts and the wife complaining, old radiator is out with a bunch of hoses then I realized I left my pick set in my tool box at my other garage :( Back tonight after work to finish it up and reassemble it all with the airlift.

Still waiting on my EGR delete kit and where the thermostats are there is zero point in me pulling the thermostats without also doing the EGR so I am going to wait out on those for another week or two for the EGR kit to arrive and do it then, sorry no caviation reports from my 350 this week. Might still do the water pump, see how it is tonight and when I make it home.

No bulk oil in the bottom of my intercooler, happy there. Lots of soot as usual but nothing out of the ordinary so I am happy there.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I won't be worried when I get them in with the EGR delete then :)

Wrapped up all the hoses and radiator last night. VistaPro radiator does not have the holes in the top for the wind deflector/dust deflector, I do notice more noise from the outside now that it isn't as nice of a seal around the hood/grill area but we will see how it is on the highway tonight when I rip out to the mountains. Flush went easy, AirLift makes life way too easy, could have filled this system sleeping with the AirLift. The pro's of the new VistaPro radiator is the crimps look much stronger and have a reinforced rib in the middle it looks like, hopefully that is the end of blown out end tanks but I still might buy the Mishimoto solid radiator in a month when it comes out and swap it in when I do the water pump/thermostats.

For anyone else doing it, 8286-B is NOT an updated design, there is still only single O-rings on it and no white end caps on it, I changed mine anyways since I am doing it all but if someone wants to save $100 they could skip that hose. There is also slight changes in the lengths of necks and hoses on the 2 updated designs, I do have some pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them. All went together OK though so no issues with the length changes.

Filled with CAT ELC and beat the **** out of it 3 times, twice last night and once on the way to the airport this morning, tonight is the 1000km highway trip but I don't except any issues.

Will update thread when thermostats and water pump go in!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
thanks for the update on the hose. i think i was gonna replace that one.

the airlift is pretty sweet. vacuum, fiill and youre done. held the vac for 30 minutes make sure there werent any leaks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AirLift is a life saver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts