Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at 10in lifts for my f250. but dont know the difference between radious coilover and 4 link. Also whats the recomendations for the 2.5" spring spacer leveling kit in addition to 10in?

·
Registered
171 Posts
The 2.5" spacer will work fine on top of the 10" lift. I've got a 12" with 2.5" spacer on top. If you do it make sure your shocks are long enough and go with the 4 link. It will ride better and work with the spacer better then the radias arm

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
I am looking at 10in lifts for my f250. but dont know the difference between radious coilover and 4 link.
A radius arm lift uses bracket to drop the rear of the radius arms which stay in place. A 4-link completely replaces the radius arms, and coilovers replace the coil spring and shock with a single unit which has a shock with a coil spring made into it.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Also...contact Trevor at Precision Metal Fab and tell him what you are wanting to do and he can hook you up.

HOME - Precision Metal Fab

He did Scott's (Pahrump) truck, as well as some others on here. Here's Scott's:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2.5" spacer will work fine on top of the 10" lift. I've got a 12" with 2.5" spacer on top. If you do it make sure your shocks are long enough and go with the 4 link. It will ride better and work with the spacer better then the radias arm
I have a buddy running 40" tires on a 10 inch lift. I am planning on running BMF 20x9 or 22x9 what would be the best tire size. Im thinking 42's but 44's would be nice. whats the price difference between fabtechs 10" lift and a 12 inch like your running?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Fabtech doesn't make a 12" lift (or at least they didn't at the time I did mine) I made my own brackets to make it into a 12". As far as tires I'm running 46" Goodyear military tires with a little trimming on 14"lift. It all depends on how wide your wheels are and the offset. Before I got the 46" tires I was running 40/14.50r24 m16 on 24"x12" rockstars with no issues at all on 12" lift

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bad let me correct my self I would like a 10in with my 2.5 leveling kit to give me at least 12in. I would think I could run 42's. The lifts I seen come with replacement rear leaf springs and 2 inch blocks. Correct me if I wrong but I could run f350 to level the truck out right? If not I would have 12.5 in the front and 10 in the back?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts