Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, looking for some help on my truck and figured this was the place to go. 2008 F-450 6.4 204k miles, Studded at 190k, deleted.

Truck died on me while driving through town. Put a cheap low pressure pump on it. Next week had fuse 72 keep blowing. We installed the HPFP gasket. Drove the truck from Ohio to Florida a week later and made it with no issues. The day after getting there I drove down the road and the truck died after it warmed up. Wouldn’t start back up. Went back 3 hours later and the truck fires right up and dies again after it gets up to temp. Had the truck shipped home. After the truck warms up and dies it will crank for a little and start for about 2 seconds and die. Truck has been a major issue since I got it.

Codes shown now P008c, P0087, P0001 and P2291

Where should I start?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I don't know much about 6.4s and diagnostic but just by googling the codes i can tell you that it is fuel related. Download forscan lite and get an elm327. Then you should have a more in depth code scanner

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You shouldnt have bought a cheap lift pump. Those are the only source of lube to the hpfp, and it probably ran dry and damaged it. That being said the fuel regulator code is likely throwing all the others.

I would make sure the current lift pump is at least working, then purge the fuel system. If that doesnt work, look at replacing the hpfp if the regulators on them arent replaceable

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys. I hooked the truck up to a snap on scanner. Started the truck and rail pressure stays at 5100 at idle. Codes didn’t come back on after I cleared them. Truck just shuts off randomly after running for 10-15 min. Might put a new low pressure pump on to see if that helps.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Why not do some diagnostics instead of throwing parts at it.

Check low fuel pressure at the Schrader valve on the fuel cooler.

Check rail pressure actual vs commanded.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I know the post is old but was there a resolution to this issue I have a 2008 f450 with the 6.4 with the automatic transmission same issues as mentioned in the previous posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts