Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm a new user here not sure if this post is going to be where it's supposed to. Got a mini max , air intake and straight pipe exhaust done on my 2008 ford f-350 , driving back home one day first the air pressure sensor came on for tires then the traction control light came on the dash , heard weird sound coming from engine I pulled over and the intake rubber seal came off turbo. Put clamps and intake back on tried to start the truck wouldn't start. Had a friend come with OBD computer and reset the codes the truck ran fine for ten minutes and then same thing happened. Truck seems to rpm high before changing gears , scared to go to ford with the chip even though it's warrantied for four years. Any advice ? Traction control light (truck swirving picture) is on and traction control button is set to off in 2wd I can't turn it back on as well as cruise control not working. Any advice would be awesome thank you, and I apologize again if I don't lost this in the right thread. Oh and truck wont start , have to bypass with the brown wire with yellow stripe beside passenger side battery to turn it on, idles fine though.

·
Registered
348 Posts
What are the codes?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Sounds like your tuner came unplugged or something at some point...either when the truck was running or before you started. Set the truck back to stock, then reinstall your tune...that should fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just waiting for mechanic to get back to me with error codes. We tried setting it to stock 3 times and then downloading the tuner again. Still doesn't work, mechanic said it might be the PCM module. Also called h&s mini max and they were on the phone with me for nearly two hours with their engineers and they couldn't figure it out, they said they rarely have problems with ford trucks and the tuners they provide. I'll post the error codes as soon as I get them and thanx guys for the feed back. Truck is on four year warranty but won't be warranties work if the tuner messed up the truck and also can't run the truck without the chip because of the dpf delete and straight pipe... Poors smoke out like crazy. Not fun so far but will let you guys know any other suggestions will e greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the PCM module has to be reflashed. Still waiting....... It's brutal.... I feel naked without my 350

1 - 5 of 5 Posts