Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to get the stock tune file for a 6.4 powerstroke besides going to Ford?

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you have a tuner should be saved on the tuner. If not call the tuners help line they usually will upload one for you.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
How are you going to load a stock “tune”? You’d be safest to pay the dealer or a shop with IDS to reflash the pcm. I’ve also heard of people successfully pulling this off with Forscan’s As-Built tool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
so I haven't tuned my truck yet simply because the previous owner deleted and tuned. I have tunes but no stock file. I've talked to some tuners who tell me not to tune without going to Ford and I've talked to some that stated it would be fine. I'm lost and can't seem to see where it really matters either way. with a deleted truck, there's no need for a stock file right? should I push the button or go to Ford?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
so I haven't tuned my truck yet simply because the previous owner deleted and tuned. I have tunes but no stock file. I've talked to some tuners who tell me not to tune without going to Ford and I've talked to some that stated it would be fine. I'm lost and can't seem to see where it really matters either way. with a deleted truck, there's no need for a stock file right? should I push the button or go to Ford?
do you have thetuning device that the previous owner used? If so, your stock file is stored on that device.

·
Registered
8 Posts
do you have thetuning device that the previous owner used? If so, your stock file is stored on that device.
no, I do have a SCT GTX which I bought. I'd love to run a tow tune with turbo brake for hauling but feel stuck without a stock tune to start with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts