Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2008 f350 and the fuel guage quit working. Put a new sending unit in the tank and still nothing. Guage stays buried at E. It will cycle when starting the truck. Didn't know if this is a common issue and if there are any grounds/wire connections to check.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,444 Posts
check the bulkhead connectors at the driver side shock tower ;) MAKE SURE the latches are fully swung and LOCKED. matter of fact, unlatch them, blow them out with an air nozzle, and spread a little dielectric grease around the inside of the female connectors so they slide easy. i think it's the light grey one that has the fuel sender signal going through, but do both for good measure.

·
Supporting Vendor
181 Posts
Do you get a low fuel warning on the cluster as well? If you have access to a scan tool, you'll need to see if the PCM is seeing the right level of fuel or not. If it is, we may have a cluster problem. We haven't seen any problems out of these for fuel gauge issues, but we can test the cluster for you if signs start pointing towards it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you get a low fuel warning on the cluster as well? If you have access to a scan tool, you'll need to see if the PCM is seeing the right level of fuel or not. If it is, we may have a cluster problem. We haven't seen any problems out of these for fuel gauge issues, but we can test the cluster for you if signs start pointing towards it.
I have this problem too. I took the truck in to have the engine rebuilt and had a FAAS lift pump installed. Gauge worked fine before taking it in, now it's dead on E and the fuel pump icon is showing in the dash. The diagnostic tool shows the ECU is reading the correct level. The mechanic is stumped. I find it odd the gauge would quit just when it went in for major repairs like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts