Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Looking for opinions. I have a 2008 6.4 Fully Deleted, and this is the Second time in 3 years that I have had to replace the Up Pipes in my truck. It is not my daily driver, however its driven probably twice a week, and is constantly towing a horse trailer or hay or something of the sort. The first break was at 175k. This time at 245k. This time the Exhuast Back Pressure Sensor was melted and the up pipes cracked in half. I know this is a known issue, but has anyone had better luck with a certain brand for replacements as I dont want to keep doing this expensive repair on the truck.. Thank You:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
fix

Hey brother, sorry for your sensor issue. I had the same thing and finally figured out a bonafide fix. I intended to finish my original post on this and got on the road and forgot. If you sensor is plugged directly into the up-pipe the heat will ruin the sensor reading and eventually melt it. I got the stock tube for the sensor that was on the motor and affixed some brass fittings and my sensor is remotely located as intended. Truck runs like a scalded dog, truck also pulls many tons great at 65 - 70 mph and sounds like a sewing machine that is happy at upper rpm. IF you want a picture, let me know as I will do it quickly in the morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts