1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
+10 for cummins swap -9 for ve pump haha

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Haven't seen one in that body style yet. Neat.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+10 for cummins swap -9 for ve pump haha
My thoughts exactly. I figured they would have at least done an 03-07 Cummins in a truck that new. That's gotta sound ugly. Nice beautiful Ford with that old, rattling, mechanical Cummins under the hood. I bet it sounds tough :doh:

·
Registered
245 Posts
:rofl: 30k for that? i could understand if it was a non rebuilt title, had a CR instead of a ve pump, and a few more goodies.....someone is on crack....

·
Registered
242 Posts
My thoughts exactly. I figured they would have at least done an 03-07 Cummins in a truck that new. That's gotta sound ugly. Nice beautiful Ford with that old, rattling, mechanical Cummins under the hood. I bet it sounds tough :doh:
Oh come on, the 12V Cummins is a fine motor, with a fine note... hell of a lot less clatter than the 7.3. It makes you wonder why he put it in such a NEW truck though... I would think a low-miles 24V 5.9 would be the way to go, or a 6.7 if you could find one...

I think the old 12V belongs in an OBS or old superduty, in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It makes you wonder why he put it in such a NEW truck though... I would think a low-miles 24V 5.9 would be the way to go, or a 6.7 if you could find one...

I think the old 12V belongs in an OBS or old superduty, in my humble opinion.
We share the same opinion. I'm not knocking the old 12V, I'm just saying it's a little dated for an 07 F350 Lariat with a lift :tard:

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
If your gonna do a 12 valve at least have be a p pump not a ve but yes it should have a cr or a 6.7 in it to be really cool but nice truck though

·
Registered
242 Posts
We share the same opinion. I'm not knocking the old 12V, I'm just saying it's a little dated for an 07 F350 Lariat with a lift :tard:
Indeed... my buddy drives a '91 Ram with a 130K 12V. Kids are getting bigger, and truck is dissolving out from underneath him with the salt here... he's on the hunt for a crew cab OBS gasser to swap his motor over to... hell maybe even a superduty gasser.

And... the VE pump can produce sufficient black smoke and go-go with the proper fidgeting :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts