Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I bought a new to me 2007 f250 6.0 with 185,000 km off the second owner of the truck don’t know much history on the truck other then the guy had regular maintenance done oil change every 5,000 fuel filters every 10,000 and one day he had a crank no start didnt try to diagnose instead he just sold the truck as is and here we are. So I bought the truck with a crank no start noticed it had a Napa oil filter cap but a motorcraft filter so I switched back to motorcraft cap and oil filter. The batteries were pooched so put two brand new batteries as well as a 6.4 starter. So here is the situation
Oil gauge on dash comes on to good pressure, Icp shows well over the 500 psi needed to start, rpm around 140, Ficm right at 48.5 while cranking and ipr around 30% so if I’m not mistaken all these values are bang on. Also pulled top fuel filter and it’s filling bowl with fuel. Not sure if worth mentioning the Napa cap didn’t push oil filter in far enough to press the anti drainbacl valve in the oil filter housing so the oil was probably not being filter for who knows how long what am I looking at as a next step?!!!

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Along with the ones you mentioned, watch ICPv, FICM Mpower, FICM Lpower, FICM sync, cam/crank sync. Need these values KOEO and while cranking. Also, RPM's are a bit low (for reliability, needs to be >150).

EDITED read this!

-jokester

Reactions: bismic

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
1- GO TO YOUTUBE.COM
2- LOOK UP 6.0 CRANK NO START
3- LOOK FOR RONDIESELTECH VIDEOS

Hes got arguably the best videos on diagnosing various crank/no start scenarios for the 6.0ls and it would go much faster than people typing for the initial diagnostics attempt.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,924 Posts
People don't need to type new responses. It is already captured in great detail in quite a few places ............

Thing is, most newcomers like the "personal touch".

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,924 Posts
Additionally, when people use a short oil filter and a tall cap, it isn't just a lack of filtration. It is more of an issue with lack of pressure and flow. IMO this is a contributing cause to early HPOP failures.

Lastly, as jokester00 mentioned, cranking rpms below 150 are not enough for reliable starts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Along with the ones you mentioned, watch ICPv, FICM Mpower, FICM Lpower, FICM sync, cam/crank sync. Need these values KOEO and while cranking. Also, RPM's are a bit low (for reliability, needs to be >150).

EDITED read this!

-jokester

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

EDITED read this!

-jokester
Here are the values while cranking with freshly charged batteries

icp 870
Rpm 178
Ficm ignition 11.5
Ficm logic 11
Ficm main power 48.5
Icp duty cycle reached 66
Injector pulse width 2.43

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Need ICP Voltage, FICM sync, and cam/crank sync. Also, what are the units for your injector PW...uS?

-jokester

Reactions: bismic

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How would I check icp voltage? I’m waiting on a scan gauge 2 to come in so I can check Ficm sync and cam/crank sync and as far as the unit for injector pulse width whatever a sct tuner reads it in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts