Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum (just bought a powerstroke), and I'm having a very strange issue that prevents me from driving to work, was hoping someone here has a clue of what the problem might be. I replaced the headlights in my truck, and one of the headlight wires (weird shaped housing) blew a fuse in the truck. I thought it was no big deal, but when I went to start up the truck, the cluster displayed no lights (warning, wait to start, ABS, seatbelt, etc), but the backlights work fine. Also, the dials don't work either. Now here is the worst problem: whenever I change gears to reverse (auto trans), the engine idles much higher than normal, and its very difficult to change gears and is very jerky. When i put it into drive, it idles even higher! Now, when I move from drive to reverse, the truck "jumps", and makes a clank noise. I'm afraid to drive it because of what might happen when I do, and with the weather the way it is now, I can't be stuck on the side of the road. Does anyone have ANY idea what it could be?? I sincerely appreciate any and all help, thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts