Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I am sorry for using the forum for asking this but.... I am going to have to buy my wife a new car, and she wants a new 4-door jeep. Of course she wants it loaded, hard top, lifted, rims, and we are going to have to special order it because it has to be a special color (Maroon...whooooop!) She also wants it to be stick because, "it isn't a jeep, if it isn't stick." Which I have to agree with her... does anyone have any contacts or have any idea what a good deal would be. I am looking at 35K sticker, and another 5K for the lift and rims through the dealer... I am doing that for warranty issues. Please advise....need help!!

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Okay guys, I am sorry for using the forum for asking this but.... I am going to have to buy my wife a new car, and she wants a new 4-door jeep. Of course she wants it loaded, hard top, lifted, rims, and we are going to have to special order it because it has to be a special color (Maroon...whooooop!) She also wants it to be stick because, "it isn't a jeep, if it isn't stick." Which I have to agree with her... does anyone have any contacts or have any idea what a good deal would be. I am looking at 35K sticker, and another 5K for the lift and rims through the dealer... I am doing that for warranty issues. Please advise....need help!!

Free bump.

I can't help much with the new wranglers.. but the "it isn't a jeep, if it isn't stick." part is funny. I'll take my auto of a stick any day on the trail. :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
I have an 08 2dr Wrangler Rubicon. Got it for my wife as well... She said the same thing "It's just not a REAL Jeep unless it is a stick". She is eating her words now... She is sick of the manual transmission. Anyways, I put a 3.5" Rubicon Express suspension lift, one inch body lift, Spidertrax adapters to go from 5 on 5 to 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern (limited wheel selection in the 5 on 5), and Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.50/17 on 17x10 XD Diesels (Chrome).
Definitely go with the 4 doors, as for the manual......just preference..... Go with the tinted windows, if you are going to lift it, get a RUBICON.... It has a beefier front axle that can handle the weight of the front tires. Any lift over 4" requires new driveshafts (thats why I went with 3.5)... I am on the JK forum as well.. Same nick too... I need to update the pics on there but it will give you an idea.. Oh yeah, I forgot.... Bushwacke pocket flares...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have an 08 2dr Wrangler Rubicon. Got it for my wife as well... She said the same thing "It's just not a REAL Jeep unless it is a stick". She is eating her words now... She is sick of the manual transmission. Anyways, I put a 3.5" Rubicon Express suspension lift, one inch body lift, Spidertrax adapters to go from 5 on 5 to 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern (limited wheel selection in the 5 on 5), and Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.50/17 on 17x10 XD Diesels (Chrome).
Definitely go with the 4 doors, as for the manual......just preference..... Go with the tinted windows, if you are going to lift it, get a RUBICON.... It has a beefier front axle that can handle the weight of the front tires. Any lift over 4" requires new driveshafts (thats why I went with 3.5)... I am on the JK forum as well.. Same nick too... I need to update the pics on there but it will give you an idea..

bondsman?!?! I am also on the jk forum...also w/the same nickname...small world

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
nice.... just edited my previous and posted a pic from my gallery on jk...

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Also forget to mention that I did it all for under $30k..... I did all the work in my driveway... I paid $26 for my Rubi and got one of the best lifts. When you go to the dealer, they will give you a Skyjacker lift... Just search the JK-Forum. That is what I did before I chose the setup I have now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts