Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,525 Posts
Nothing really wrong with those numbers. Maybe the MAP sensor is off a little, but as stated above it isn't much.

Checking the filter minder is still a good thing to do IMO, but if you don't think it will tell you much (and some people don't seem to trust it), then maybe post up your "mass air flow" numbers at varying engine operating conditions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks bismic, I will check the filter minder in the morning. Truck runs great by the way. What can cause the map sensor to be off? Pluggage at the manifold?

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
" What can cause the map sensor to be off? Pluggage at the manifold?"

Engine off -- defective sensor, bad electrical connection
Engine running -- cracked or loose hose, defective sensor, plugged/restricted nipple at the manifold

·
Registered
97 Posts
Im seeing -1.02psi boost at 0.66 vgt duty cycle running right now warming up. I agree your numbers look good. Small variations in your readings sometimes cause the biggest headache but alot of times just electronics doing there thing.. Driving us insane.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ok so everything appears normal six litre? Wonder why I stopped hearing the turbo on start up then. Interesting

·
Registered
97 Posts
Once again the vgt reading is just the command position. But if your truck is running normal and not throwing and low boost codes id imagine youre in the clear. Did the ambient temperature in your area rise lately? If the truck is warmer on startup it may not ramp up as much on startup.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Im in the Houston area. Temp was in the 80s. Last year it was hot when I purchased the truck and turbo acted different. I appreciate the info guys

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Some tunes can exercise the veins between open and closed on start up, so start up VGT can be ignored. If its more or less 50% driving, looks good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I appreciate it Chris. Tomorrow I will still inspect my air filter, map sensor hose and manifold inlet just to rule those things out. But if you guys say my numbers look good Im a happy camper.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Ok guys so I checked the map hose and it looks good. I took a picture of the filter minder and looks good too. The upper turbo hose has a tiny crack but I cant feel air coming out of it so not sure if thats even an issue.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts