Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I realize the infamous ICP/IPR no-start topic has been beat to death over the years but my issue really came out of absolutely nowhere.

I just finished changing my oil cooler, had some trouble plugging one of the injector plugs back into the harness. No problem, just pulled the valve cover and snapped them in place, then on initial start up the truck stalled then would not start. Startled by that, I dialed up my gauges and saw my ICP was hovering around basically zero during the crank and only climbing to just above 300 for a moment.

Truck has been studded/deleted and all that good stuff, was and always has been running flawlessly prior to this oil cooler change. I do not see any oil leaking anywhere yet and I am pretty dumbfounded by this.

I have always been pretty above average in the mechanical skills department and have always maintained all of my own vehicles. But due to the fact that the truck was running before the work was done, and now is not, has me wondering what I could have done wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2006 6.0 250k studded/deleted, coolant filter, air intake, SCT

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Check base oil pressure , you running oem filter and cap?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roger, I'll check the pressure. Yes, OEM filter and cap.

Also noticed that one of the injector plugs has a small piece of plastic missing, if you really pull on the harness plug then it will come right out without touching the metal clip at all.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Roger, I'll check the pressure. Yes, OEM filter and cap.

Also noticed that one of the injector plugs has a small piece of plastic missing, if you really pull on the harness plug then it will come right out without touching the metal clip at all.
My guess is unless there is a short on injector missing / not c0nnected is not enough to stop the engine from running

Mine started without #8 being plugged in

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi am new to forums but I do work on mostly Powerstroke and most 6.0 I will suggest you to double check you're FICM plugs to be correctly plugged

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I rechecked my FICM plugs, reseated my injector plugs, and dumped more oil into the filter housing to fill the reservoir more and it cranked up and ran. However it sounds awful, idles extremely rough, and has no power.

This link is a short video I took showing my gauges at idle, with throttle, and showcasing how it sounds

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,870 Posts
You may just need more run time to get the air out of the high pressure oil system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roger, been letting it idle and periodically giving it throttle in the driveway but no change.

Possible intake or exhaust leak?

Also it sounds to me like it's developed a misfire but no codes are present

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,870 Posts
You need to get it on the road and give it a dozen or so reasonably hard accelerations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts