Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2006 Ford E350 Reliability

Tags
2006 e350 ford
4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Chadmills 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I am looking at a 2006 Ford E-350 SD XL 5.4L V8. It's got about 120k miles and it seems to be in good condition. I'm going to get it checked out by a mechanic before I buy it but I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this particular van. What types of things with the E-series go wrong? I will probably only be driving it 5k miles a year (starting and stoping a lot though). I want it to last at least 5 years if not more. I've heard these vans are pretty reliable so I am hoping this will work out.

thanks!

#2 ·
Hi everyone, I am looking at a 2006 Ford E-350 SD XL 5.4L V8. It's got about 120k miles and it seems to be in good condition. I'm going to get it checked out by a mechanic before I buy it but I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this particular van. What types of things with the E-series go wrong? I will probably only be driving it 5k miles a year (starting and stoping a lot though). I want it to last at least 5 years if not more. I've heard these vans are pretty reliable so I am hoping this will work out.

thanks!

Very reliable gasser. I have a 2013 gasser bus with over 160k in it IIRC. Never had any trouble with it.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

#4 ·
Not sure if it's an 2 valve or 3 valve engine if it's an 2 valve do not use any oil additives they will stretch timing chains and wear the nylon tensioners,3 valve engine go through cam phasers around 100k miles. I've had a few f150 with 5.4 liter engines and there good engines if maintained properly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.