Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know that sometime in 2003/2004 the FICM mounting bracket & rubber isolator location was changed, based on this page taken from the FICM Tech Guide:

My question is, on a 2006 6.0 engine, does the FICM have the rubber isolators at the mounting ears of the FICM itself IN ADDITION to the rubber isolators at the valve cover bolts, or does it just have the rubber isolators at the valve cover bolts, and no rubbers at the mounting ears?

Reason I ask is the FICM tech guide could be interpreted either way. My 2006 6.0 does not have any rubber isolators at the mounting ears, and I'm trying to figure out if it is supposed to have them, as I bought the truck used. Please help! :dunno:

Here are some pics for reference taken from ebay auctions:

·
Super Moderator
9,971 Posts
IIRC when I removed mine the isolaters are lower on the mounting brackets. The brackets are isolated now not the FICM itself. My FICM is directly mounted to the brackets and I noticed the brackets had what appeared to be isolaters at their mounting points on the valve cover.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IIRC when I removed mine the isolaters are lower on the mounting brackets. The brackets are isolated now not the FICM itself. My FICM is directly mounted to the brackets and I noticed the brackets had what appeared to be isolaters at their mounting points on the valve cover.
Great, that's what I needed to know. Like I said, I noticed that mine did not have any rubber isolators at the mounting ears of the FICM (like on the 2003.25 picture in the FICM tech guide shows), and wondered if it was supposed to have them... Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts