Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this is my first post so hopefully I put it in the right place. The problem I’m having is my truck will occasionally shift weird. It’s usually just the first shift after starting it but sometimes it will do it again after idling for a little bit. When it’s going to do it it shifts 1-2 and 2-3 short and it will hold out 3-5 and then down shift and then slam into a higher gear. It makes the tow haul light blink but after that it shifts fine. I have codes p2700, p0751, and p0700. I know p0751 is for solenoid A but I replaced it and it’s still doing it, possibly a little bit less but I’m not sure. The p0700 code only showed up after I changed the solenoid. I am running custom tunes but it does this on every one including the stock tune. I’ve tried everything and I’m stumped. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,480 Posts
All those codes can indicate for solenoid "A" -- check along the harness from the transmission to the PCM for worn or damaged wiring

failing that, do an ohm test at the PCM plug for the transmission -- looking at the wires for solenoid A

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I’ll try that as soon as I get home. what is a good ohm reading? And should the truck be running or off when I test it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts