Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up guys i'm a new diesel truck owner i have a 06' F350 Super Duty with a 6.0L I'm looking to up the horsepower and torque the truck is going to be use for plowing and hauling car to state to state, and some off-roading as well.... so i'm looking on what to get on the truck a few mods nothing crazy

thanks for you help

Ciccio6969

2006 F350 SD 4X4 Stock W/Mud tires :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gauges/monitor first!!! You need to check the health of your motor for known issues. After you have addressed the issues, your ready for power mods.

Read this to get you started.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0-tech-files/173767-things-consider-about-owning-6-0l.html
so what gauges/monitors should i get first boost, fuel pressure gauge, oil, also how do i check the health of my motor??? its has very low miles on it for being an 2006 has 55,000 miles on it.

2006' F350 SD 4x4 Stock W/mud tires :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
The best bang for the buck will be the ScangaugeII ($160ish), but you'll need analog fuel psi and EGT gauges. It looks cheap, but gets the job done.

The Edge Insight CS/CTS will monitor everything needed for the 6.0. You'll need the expandable cables and probe/sensor for fuel psi and EGT, which cost extra.

The old school analog gauges can get costly and take up room when you mount them in the cab. IMO, the minimum would be EGT,fuel psi, ECT,EOT, and trans if you tow. If you owned a '03-'04, then throw in a boost gauge.

The ScangaugeII and Insight CS/CTS will monitor WAY more than you could afford analog gauges. It just depends on how deep your pockets are and what you prefer to look at. The ScangaugeII is plain number readout, the CS/CTS has a fancy display.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Firstly, congrats on the new truck and welcome to the org! As everyone has already stated, gauges first before any tuner. There are some tuners out there, like the EDGE Evolution CS & CTS models that have gauges built in, but truthfully the SCT is where its at for a programmer. The EDGE Insight CS, which is a digital multi-gauge much similar to the Evolution just without tuning is probably one of our biggest sellers, that coupled with the SCT tuner creates a powerful duo. Exhaust wise, everyone is going to tell you differently, I prefer the 4" kits with a muffler and the 5" kits without a muffler. Intakes are another one of those endless topics that we can all debate on for years, but when it comes down to it, go with the AFE Stage 1 or the S&B Cold Air Kit. Both of them are at a great price and both are great filters. If you have any further questions let me know! :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts