Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a overheating problem. Replaced thermostat haven"t tested under load at hot day. ...I got some advice that I could ground one of the fan wires to make fan run at full speed. The fan doesn"t seem to be throwing out a lot of air. I did do a 5 mile run after putting in thermostat and temp on both gages normal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wiring torn apart

I got shroud out so I could splice wires and want to know if Butt connectors would be a good choice. There are 5 wires running to fan but basically we are just locking up the clutch to get max.rpm?

·
6.2 Convert
1,385 Posts
I got shroud out so I could splice wires and want to know if Butt connectors would be a good choice. There are 5 wires running to fan but basically we are just locking up the clutch to get max.rpm?
I did this mod before I got a BPD fan clutch adapter. I just used a wire tap so I wouldn't have to cut the wire. Then run the new wire from the tap to your switch and ground the other side of the switch. When you flip the switch you'll be grounding that blue wire and the fan will come on. It may take a little time for the fan to react when you flip the switch.

·
Premium Member
11,721 Posts
It's the connector at the top of the fan shroud. Tap the blue wire on the engine side of the connector inline with a Scotch-lock (or similar) and run to a switch. Run the other side of the switch to ground. Do not cut the blue wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts