Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my first diesel truck...2006 F250 XL 6.0 2WD with 190,XXX

(Very first pic I have of the truck. 6.0 is on the left, my 2003 F250 V10 is on the right)

Already upgraded a few things:
1.) Installed XLT seats from my 2003 F250

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2.) Blue Spring Mod and general maintenance (don’t really have pics)

General maintenance included oil change, rear diff fluid, air filter, and deep cleaning the whole truck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Upcoming modifications:
  • 2” drop shackles
  • 2” front leveling kit
  • Coolant Filtration system
  • Intercooler boots and pipes
  • EGR delete
  • 6.4 starter
  • Tint

More general maintenance:
- glow plugs (have engine codes for #2 and #7)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do the full egr delete! Not the cheap one. Get ride of it all!! The truck is looking good tho. Oh and wiggle the plugs all over on top the motor and that might be the glow plug problem it will take like 2min just do it. Start with the simple things always.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do the full egr delete! Not the cheap one. Get ride of it all!! The truck is looking good tho. Oh and wiggle the plugs all over on top the motor and that might be the glow plug problem it will take like 2min just do it. Start with the simple things always.
Thank you! And what do you mean the full EGR delete, not the cheap one? Sorry, I’m new to this!

Also, wiggle the plugs because the connection might be the issue, rather than the actual glow plugs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you! And what do you mean the full EGR delete, not the cheap one? Sorry, I’m new to this!

Also, wiggle the plugs because the connection might be the issue, rather than the actual glow plugs?
When is say full egr delete I mean don’t try to make a custom one or this

Get this one it will also lower egt’s and and will offer a bit more mpg

or if you want to fix the other huge problem with the 6.0 at the same time get one with a revised oil cooler the stock oil cooler is way to constricting.

And yes with the glow plugs make sure they are all the way in or the wires by them are good. Ford connectors usually do not hold up best over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
The stock oil cooler is hard to beat. They are prone to clogging due to poor coolant maintenance but you will be hard pressed to find anyone recommend something besides OEM oil cooler or BPD

·
Registered
5 Posts
The stock oil cooler is hard to beat. They are prone to clogging due to poor coolant maintenance but you will be hard pressed to find anyone recommend something besides OEM oil cooler or BPD
Yeah I guess a better flowing oil cooler is more of a shorter term fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
Most of the aftermarket coolers that claim better "flow" don't tend to cool as well and many that have tried them see higher EOT most of the time. That information is covered a lot on this forum and a quick search will give you most your answers on what is recommended for oil cooler maintenance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thought I might as well show some of my other vehicles 🤷🏻‍♂️

2015 Grand Cherokee, lowered on air suspension, 1.5” wheel spacers all around, 20x10 SRT wheels

2012 F150 FX4, 7.5” lift, 22x12’s, 35’s, 1.5” spacers all around

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Added a lower valance that I painted as well.

Next I want to do a mesh grill, level the front, and lower the rear

·
Registered
320 Posts
Stance is decent, I lowered/leveled my previous ride, an '10 F250, with gasser springs in the front and deleting the rear leaf spring block and it looked great...

The wheel offset is gaff and looks like azz. Besides hammering the sides/rocker panels and likely putting unnecessary stress on the wheel bearings, where I'm from it's illegal without having flaps. Although I never cared much for what's legal/illegal when it comes to motor vehicle regs, as a biker I can tell you it's setups like this that launch road debris and cause wrecks and injuries or worse.

...and I just checked Minnesota state law and it's illegal there too. Go figure. Do what you like of course, just don't cop bash when you get a fix-it ticket.

Jeep looks nice, having owned a (real) Jeep SRT I can appreciate the look, as long it's not posing/"upbadged"...!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stance is decent, I lowered/leveled my previous ride, an '10 F250, with gasser springs in the front and deleting the rear leaf spring block and it looked great...

The wheel offset is gaff and looks like azz. Besides hammering the sides/rocker panels and likely putting unnecessary stress on the wheel bearings, where I'm from it's illegal without having flaps. Although I never cared much for what's legal/illegal when it comes to motor vehicle regs, as a biker I can tell you it's setups like this that launch road debris and cause wrecks and injuries or worse.

...and I just checked Minnesota state law and it's illegal there too. Go figure. Do what you like of course, just don't cop bash when you get a fix-it ticket.

Jeep looks nice, having owned a (real) Jeep SRT I can appreciate the look, as long it's not posing/"upbadged"...!
I honestly love the look of the truck right now. Though, the rear could come down an inch or two.

The wheel offset is actually nice. I like it, which is why I did it. It isn’t “gaff” and doesn’t look like “azz”. Having wheels sticking out of the fender is illegal everywhere, unless you have flares or mud flaps.

And yes, even in MN it’s illegal. Go figure. Whenever I’m pulled over by cops, I’m respectful and accept whatever consequence comes out of it. I don’t really mind. Also, I don’t “cop bash”. They’re just doing their job. I don’t know why I would bash them for doing their job.

And thank you, the Jeep does look nice. If I could afford an SRT or Trackhawk, I would get one in a heartbeat! But until then, I’ll take my (fake) Jeep SRT on air and SRT wheels. No upbadging or posing. Just building vehicles the way that I like them.

·
Registered
714 Posts
@Ronin guess it's a good deal this wasn't your build now isn't it? Why feel the need to come on and bash somebody else's build?

@Cal128 Personally I think you made that basic truck look pretty good. Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts