Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 f250 that had a hpop oil leak at the standpipe. I put new dummy plugs stand pipes and stc fitting, this weekend. The truck starts awesome cold and runs very well but still gives me trouble starting warm. My scan gauge says the ipr is around 24 at idle and goes up to 40 driving and touched 60 at wot. The ipc is 580-600 at idle all the time and I've seen 1700 cruising and 2300 and higher at wot. I am lost with the truck, do you think the ipr is bad and it's not a leak but the solenoid is weak when the truck gets hot. The truck has a sct tune, meth, apr intake 4"straight pipe new oil cooler and egr delete and 208,xxx miles on it. Thanks nick

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
What do you mean by "trouble" starting warm? That could be any number of sensors acting up warm, I would think.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
So disconnect the icp, and see if it fires up.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Probably a good idea to investigate the ipr, the screen may be torn.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just did a new ipr screen and o rings this weekend. The ipr screen was not broke or cracked. I unplugged the icp sensor when it was cold and it started, but do you think I should do it hot when my problem persists.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I just did a new ipr screen and o rings this weekend. The ipr screen was not broke or cracked. I unplugged the icp sensor when it was cold and it started, but do you think I should do it hot when my problem persists.

Ok, I forgot I read about the ipr. Certaintly disconnect the icp, if it's hot and won't start, then try to start. That will tell you if the sensor is acting up. It does sound like you have a leak somewhere though. You may consider doing the leak test, you might have damaged an oring somewhere on reassembly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I showed up to work with the truck this morning I pulled the icp and the truck fired right up.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
The truck fired right up with icp pulled when hot.

Replace your icp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my 2005 F250. Hard start when cold, and when hot it just turns over until I stop, cycle the key, and then it will start on the second try (so far). What is the "icp" and how does one disconnect it? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Injector control pressure sensor, located on your right front valve cover area. The 05 is prone to stc fitting failure also. If it's hard start hot, it's usually hpo leak.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2005 didn't have trouble in the 2 months I owned it before I had the EGR Delete/Oil Cooler and upgrade turbo done about 3 weeks ago. Also had Edge Evoluation with CTS installed. About a week after I got it back it died three times in one day, all three times on gravel, and restarted immediately. I thought maybe just old batts. I ordered new batts that day, and two weeks later I had no further problems. Yesterday I had a hard cold start, and then a fine hot start, then I had a tranny flush done, then a hard non-start (started fine on second try), new batteries installed, then hard hot start, then a fine hot start, and last two hot starts were hard (requiring two tries.).

This morning a hard cold start, then my two hot starts were fine.

FICM is 48-49.5. ICP psi on start up is 500+ psi. Batts are new and connection good. No codes thrown (except for the EGR codes that are always on now). I can't see any chafing problems with the wires, but I can't see the wires perfectly. Connections seem good.

I do know when the EGR and oil cooler was done the only thing the mechanic noted was rodent beds - guy I bought it from lived in the country and so do I, but he didn't note any chewed wires and this problem only started after I got it back as noted above.

Any diagnostics a non-mechanical guy like me could do further?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Go back through all your connectors and check them, most especially the three ficm connectors. Make sure they click. Keep an eye on the icp when your having problems.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
should I disconnect and then reconnect the FICM connectors then? ICP also? Any other connections, southend?
I would press them first to see if they click, it wouldnt hurt to check the pins. Give the injector plugs a once over too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts