Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Compression Ignition Addict
10,744 Posts
1. Download ForScan to a smartphone and buy the appropriate OBDII adapter.
2. Read codes.

Often times it is (electrically) an IPR issue, ICP issue, or a FICM issue.

·
10,744 Posts
I have the BAFX adapters (BlueTooth for Android and WiFi for iOS) because they are inexpensive.

OBDLink MX+ is probably the best, but it is somewhat more expensive.

·
10,744 Posts
The thing about the 6.0L is you can get the same symptoms for several different failures. Makes it hard.

Sure you might not have a code, but it is always worth looking.

If you don't have a code, then ForScan can run a few tests.

·
10,744 Posts
P0231:

Possible causes: Open/short circuit, relay, inertia switch or fuel pump (DTC is for no voltage on the fuel pump monitor circuit).

btw - the fuel pump relay (if it is your issue) is not really serviceable separately - it can be serviced only with a replacement of the Central Junction Box, CJB, under the steering column OR you can resolve by adding on a separate (external) relay.

·
10,744 Posts
Morning. Just wanted to update status and give thanks to all that helped. Ordered a new fuse panel from Ford. Took care of the issue. It also fixed my heated mirrors and seat. I had replaced all the fuses for them but it did not repair. The new fuse box did. Thanks again for the help.
Thanks for the update. It seems that this is an all-too-common occurrence as the trucks age.

That and issues with the power saver relay (which I am starting to experience) seem to get a few posts periodically on the forums.

·
10,744 Posts
My 06 F250 has been doing for most part same thing. It stalls at stop light or even making a slow turn like key was just switched off put in neutral and fires right up. If I rev it up and throw it D right away it won't stall. Even stalls parked as soon as I put in D it stalls unless I rev up rpms first. I have noticed a surge at normal driving speed like as if there was an air bubble but only for a second. Could that fuse panel cause the same thing? Or do I have other issues?
The OP posted a code that allowed several of us pinpoint the issue. You need to get a quality code reader and scan for codes.

That said, dying when turning is very often times a wire chafing issue. The FICM harness and the IPR harness are two common places:

Check the upper left (drivers side) valve cover or valve cover stud near the FICM or the intake manifold bolts where the harness routes under the air intake hose.

Check the harness to the IPR valve.

Check the engine harness that goes across the back of the engine compartment over the turbo ( it runs in the plastic harness tray). Check this harness by the firewall on the drivers side.

Check the wiring from the Battery Junction Box left (drivers side) rear corner of engine compartment.

You can start the troubleshooting by doing the "wiggle" test on these harnesses when the engine is running.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.