Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2006 6.0

887 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JustinOOO9 
#1 ·
Past few day my truck looses power at lower RPM and i watched the bost gage its almost as if the turbo turns on and off then i get full power back and when it does come back a lot of smoke out exhaust... took to mechanic the recomend replacing oil and egr cooler & clean turbo...

#2 ·
it be a good idea to get a scangauge or edge insight and check your truck out yourself. a little at home diagnosing can save alot of money... exp:

felt a pop under body when driving over speed bumps, took it to tire shop and i quote "you need new uper n lower ball koints, tie rod ends both sides etc...
after replacing a tie rod end and bump still coming did research and found had a bad body mount... tire shop wanted $1200 orignally body mount was under $50.

when you get a gauge monitor:
Engine coolant temp (ect), engine oil temp (eot) , ficm volts, turbo boost, vgt cycle, and others will chime in.

make sure ect/ eot are no more then 15 degrees apart or most likely clooging/ clogged oil cooler is killing egr resulting in possible rupture of either coolers.

also check your egr valve see if it needs to be cleaned a pretty common issue with egr coolers still in the truck. i think its only 2 10mm bolts to remove it. if its wet in the egr valve housing then your egr cooler has ruptured...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.