Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 f250 6.0 with 170k on the dash. I have a few issue at this point and not sure if any of them are related to one another. Okay so my turn signals all went out the other day after using my hazards for a couple mins I tried using my blinkers and nothing. Can’t hear the relay inside and they don’t even light up on my instrument cluster now. I attempt to use them whichever side I put on cuts that sides tail lights off to until take the blinker back off. It’s front and back turn signals and my hazards still flash outside and on the cluster like they should. Problem number 2…my A.C. Is stuck on defrost started the same day as my turn signals. I couldn’t hear my vacuum pump running like it went bad so I tried a brand new one and still wouldn’t kick on.

· Registered
81 Posts
2006 f250 6.0 with 170k on the dash. I have a few issue at this point and not sure if any of them are related to one another. Okay so my turn signals all went out the other day after using my hazards for a couple mins I tried using my blinkers and nothing. Can’t hear the relay inside and they don’t even light up on my instrument cluster now. I attempt to use them whichever side I put on cuts that sides tail lights off to until take the blinker back off. It’s front and back turn signals and my hazards still flash outside and on the cluster like they should. Problem number 2…my A.C. Is stuck on defrost started the same day as my turn signals. I couldn’t hear my vacuum pump running like it went bad so I tried a brand new one and still wouldn’t kick on.
check your relay for your blinkers. sounds like it may be blown. figuring this could be it given you cant hear the relay. if anything put a multimeter to it and see if it is giving voltage also. chances are its a blown fuse. simple first. if that doesnt work then we will go in further. as for your ac issue sounds like your blend door acuator has gone tits possibly.

· Master Tech
965 Posts
Fuse 27 in the instrument panel fuse box is likely open (blown for you non-techy peeps) F2.27 supplies power to both the electric vacuum pump and the electronic flasher relay. If this is the case, then you get to determine why the fuse opened. Here's everything on that fuse: HTD mirror relay, Heated seat relay, driver side front, Indicator flasher relay (13350), Trailer tow relay, Battery charge, Vacuum pump motor, Brake shift interlock, Electronic Shift On the Fly (ESOF) solenoid, Parking Aid Module (PAM) (15T850), DRL relays

In my experience the vacuum pumps have been known to short... but you report this started after using your hazard lamps so that would be on top of my suspect list.

DO LET IS KNOW what you find Mr. First Time poster! Welcome to the ORG.

· Registered
511 Posts
Fuse 27 in the instrument panel fuse box is likely open (blown for you non-techy peeps) F2.27 supplies power to both the electric vacuum pump and the electronic flasher relay. If this is the case, then you get to determine why the fuse opened. Here's everything on that fuse: HTD mirror relay, Heated seat relay, driver side front, Indicator flasher relay (13350), Trailer tow relay, Battery charge, Vacuum pump motor, Brake shift interlock, Electronic Shift On the Fly (ESOF) solenoid, Parking Aid Module (PAM) (15T850), DRL relays

In my experience the vacuum pumps have been known to short... but you report this started after using your hazard lamps so that would be on top of my suspect list.

Good to know...thanks

· Premium Member
5,117 Posts

Showoff... :D LOL

-jokester

1 - 6 of 6 Posts