Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did some searching on the subject but did not come up with much.

Almost every time I drive my truck, at some point within the first 2-10 minutes I can hear a set of what sounds like relay clicks from in and or around the fuse panel below steering wheel. It seems to only do it once per drive and it is 3-5 seconds of what sounds like very quick relay clicks. It is not very loud and if the radio is on I cannot hear it.

Everything seems to work, I cannot duplicate or replicate it. I was curious if this is standard for these trucks or do I have a relay or something else starting to go?

It is near impossible to trace it down since it only does it for a short few seconds and only while driving.

My next thing to try is to time it right so as soon as I hear it, Turn on a blinker to see if it might be the multi function switch relay?

Thanks for the help or ideas or confirmation that this is normal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So I did some searching on the subject but did not come up with much.

Almost every time I drive my truck, at some point within the first 2-10 minutes I can hear a set of what sounds like relay clicks from in and or around the fuse panel below steering wheel. It seems to only do it once per drive and it is 3-5 seconds of what sounds like very quick relay clicks. It is not very loud and if the radio is on I cannot hear it.

Everything seems to work, I cannot duplicate or replicate it. I was curious if this is standard for these trucks or do I have a relay or something else starting to go?

It is near impossible to trace it down since it only does it for a short few seconds and only while driving.

My next thing to try is to time it right so as soon as I hear it, Turn on a blinker to see if it might be the multi function switch relay?

Thanks for the help or ideas or confirmation that this is normal.
Mine does this as well There are 3 relays under the dash. I believe it was the blue one that is the culprit I replaced mine with a chinese knockoff as I couldn't find a motorcraft, couple years later its doing it again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts