Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've been looking at straight piping my 06. I've been looking at the 4" MBRP PLM series 6212PLM (turbo back) and I was curious if thats a true turbo back or if its a down pipe back because i've read both. :dunno: (I know i should probably look through the forums but i don't really have the time as I'm on deployment to Afghanistan.) Thanks in advance!

· Registered
969 Posts
First and foremost....Thank You for your service! Now, for the exhaust, I installed a cat and muffler delete pipe so that I have a 3.5" oem straight pipe. She growls when you get on it but is quiet the rest of the time. A friend of mine drove it last week and he has had a 4 and 5" system on his truck and he said he wouldnt have believed my truck was that quiet in the cab without driving it and his has a drone to it but mine does not. IMO its a cheap way to let it breathe and talk at the same time. I also tow 15-19K regularly or as needed and have had no issues with high egts. And thanks again!!

· Registered
1,242 Posts
First and foremost....Thank You for your service! Now, for the exhaust, I installed a cat and muffler delete pipe so that I have a 3.5" oem straight pipe. She growls when you get on it but is quiet the rest of the time. A friend of mine drove it last week and he has had a 4 and 5" system on his truck and he said he wouldnt have believed my truck was that quiet in the cab without driving it and his has a drone to it but mine does not. IMO its a cheap way to let it breathe and talk at the same time. And thanks again!!
thios is what i did too , its cheap and works great . it cost me about 100 bucks at the local muff shop . the good thing is its only loud when you want it to be .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.