Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know, another crank, no start. I have read, watched, and googled myself into total confusion at this point. Truck was running fine one day as I drove it to my job site. Parked it. Left with my client for about 2 hrs to go pick out some materials, came back and started it, and it ran as if it had no boost. Managed to limp it home, then woke up to to a crank, no start the next day. I have a fair bit of mechanical ability, and have worked on my own cars and trucks for years, but this is my first diesel, and I have to admit that I am LOST. Hooked it up a OBD II scanner yesterday and it threw 9 codes! 😣

PO113
PO261
PO270
PO276
PO279
PO299
PO672
PO675
P2262

I looked up the codes and I don’t even know where to start. I don’t want to just start throwing money at the truck like I’ve seen a lot of others do.

The truck is a 2006 F-250 Lariat RWD with 160K.

Don’t know know much about it’s history, as I bought it from a dealer, who most likely bought it from an auction. He did tell me it would need some glow plugs soon, but it ran fine up until a few days ago. No misfires, idled fine, fuel economy was fine, no smoke of any kind.
It came with a well used 5th wheel hitch, so I know it has done some towing in its lifetime. Motor appears to be stock as far as I can tell, but again, I’m not not a diesel expert by any stretch. Everything I’ve done to it myself has been cosmetic, with the exception of changing out the cab mounts, and both fuel filters.

Motor runs strong(when it started), no smoke, no oil burning, no obvious indication of any kind of trouble. Thought I had found a “well maintained” 6.0. Haven’t even had it for 30 days yet. 🙄

Somebody please HELP!!!

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,000 Posts
You have a FICM issue (codes for one FICM channel 1,4,6,7). Send to FICM repair.com.
Your MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor is disconnected, has a wiring issue, or is bad.
You need to test #2 and #5 glow plugs (get a resistance on them) - lots of threads on testing them. Ask questions if you do not know how. The plugs may be bad, or it is possible you have a failing Glow Plug Control Module.

P2262 and P0299:
Post up what MAP, Baro, and EBP read with Key-On, Engine-Off. They should all be in the same units (preferably psi).
Make sure the MAP sensor hose does not have any cracks, tears, or holes; make sure the hose isn't plugged up; make sure the manifold nipple is clear and not plugged up.
Make sure the EBP sensor is not carboned up, and make sure the EBP tube is not plugged up with carbon (you can take a stiff weedwhacker string and insert it in the tubing).
Make sure the Charge-Air_Cooler (CAC) boots are on solidly and not leaking.

Note - it is possible that the FICM issue is causing the P0299 and/or the P2262. Do the legwork posted above (the P2262 and P0299 items), but don't spend any money on those two codes yet. Get the FICM fixed first.

Post results of testing and inspection. Also please post the status of the EGR system (ie functional or deleted).

Reactions: Coachglue

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Clear the codes out and see if any new codes popup
the 1467 thing could be the front connector on the ficm has popped out
if the dealer mentioned it needed glow plugs, then the error light would have been on
You have error lights on the dash before the problem?
What are you using for a code reader?

·
6,000 Posts
Good idea to check the FICM connectors. C1388A (X-1) Connector: Injector Control, for cylinders 1,4,6,7 is the end plug, furthest away from the degas bottle.

I would still advise the troubleshooting I suggested (checking MAF, EBP, etc) before clearing the codes since it doesn't start, AND he reported no boost. Just an fyi, if you do end up taking it in to a mechanic, they tend to get upset over codes being cleared.

·
6,000 Posts
3 days after some detailed responses were provided.

Time for an update I would think .......................

Reactions: Hydro
1 - 5 of 5 Posts