Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , 06 6.0 , After a lengthy run on the freeeay , when stoping at light truck runs rough while waiting , during take off there is a little hesitation then things clear up and back to normal for another couple months or so then same thing !! Only does it after 20 miles or more on freeway at sustained speed ?? Does not do it around town , ever ?

Now a quick note on the engine , over the last month had cab off engine out , bed plate gasket done , new ARP head studs , new diesel extreme EGR, new Ford oil cooler , and all gaskets . Truck runs great like new , 284,000 miles .
The running rough started about a year ago well before the upgrades .?? Any ideas ?? Thanks

·
Registered
2003 F350 ECSB
42 Posts
what exactly do you mean by rough? rough can mean all sorts of things, give some more info. any codes? have you gone over the basics? base engine, fuel pressure, ficm, and the sorts? is it a shake? maybe check for exhaust leaks?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello BH260, to answer your question , this issue feels like loss of fuel pressure ? a very slight shake . I can equate it to the same feeling as if you were to unplug an ignition coil on a gas engine , rough !! As afar as the parameters go they are all spot on , fuel pressure , FICM , IPR , ICP . Exhaust is completely sealed all the way around .
The only thought I can come up with is maybe the original fuel pump is on its way out ??
the Engine is not throwing any codes whatsoever, even when It’s happening there’s nothing . I was fortunate enough to have a bidirectional scan tool for a few weeks and it showed nothing , as this happened while it was hooked up . So I’m at a loss ?
really don’t wanna start firing the parts cannon till I can narrow it down closer .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts