Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 F250 , 215,000 miles.. Has been a great truck up until the recent problem. I pull a trailer daily, with about 3000lbs of cargo. Today on the way to town,made it halfway there and the tow/haul light started flashing, and truck bucked a few times. Continued on to town, and it did it again, only this time it seemed to go into neutral for a few seconds. Dropped trailer headed to transmission shop, truck did fine, no light flashing or trans jumping. Trans shop scanned for codes, got a code p02701 overdrive clutch element b fault.

They want $3800 to rebuild the trans, they say the clutch element is probably not the only issue with the transmission...... I need the truck for work, so it's gotta be fixed one way or another.

Sometimes truck goes into gear fine, other times it won't go into any gear at all forward or reverse.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
What's your fluid look like? When's the last time it was changed?

$3800 seems a bit steep, depending on what parts they use and where you are located. I think you can get a drop in trans from Ford with a good warranty for ~$3500.

-jokester

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the truck six months ago with blown motor put brand new crate engine in and changed all fluids. Old trans fluid was red, slight smell, but nothing to be alarmed about. Current fluid is red and has same slight smell, not overly acidic though.

·
PowerStroking
15 Posts
To overhaul that Transmission would run about $3200, of course its going to depend on what parts have to be installed.

If you upgrade the Torq converter or anything else will drive the price up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts