Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have a really odd issue. I ordered some new headlights from Ford to replace the yellowed ones I have on my 2005F250. Everything matches us perfectly except the turn signal socket. It is rotated and the post holes are slightly different as well. I can get my stock bulb holder in it with some struggle but the bigger issue is that the bulb socket when tightened ends up facing the wrong direction and hits on the frame when I install the light. The part numbers are the same and everything. My original is the dirty grey one in the pics. Has anyone run into this? I would think this headlight would be the same from years 2005 - 2007.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Notice the bottom center socket for the turn signal bulb. It’s rotated on the new one. So I am guessing there must be a new bulb holder that matches this new mounting hole as the one I have is not quite right.

·
Administrator
33,909 Posts
i see it but what the hell ?
if you swap bulb sockets left to right does that do anything ?
otherwise you are going into plastic surgery to make another elongated slot or return ?

glad u posted this I was thinking of ordering a set ,, are these the "jewel" version or work truck ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are the Jewel version I believe. I thought about switching them from one side to the other as well. I was just frustrated and put the old ones back before I thought of it. It had started to rain so I gave up for the moment. I will try that today and let you know. That would be awesome if that’s all it is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took out the old passenger light and switched the bulb socket over to the new drivers light and it did exactly the same thing. It turns the wrong direction and ends up facing the wrong way. I went by the Ford dealership with the new light and they confirmed that for the 2006 model year it does indeed have a different part number for the signal bulb holder. The one that they show for a 2005 which is what I have is - 2U5A-13411-BB. They gave me the part number that I need for this headlight from a 2006 as being - 6c3z-13411-a. I had to order it as no one in the area has it in stock. So we will see once it comes in. I just wanted to update this post for anyone out there who may experience the same issue.

·
Administrator
33,909 Posts
thanks for the update
i did notice later that night the sockets had the same part number so I lost hope that swap would work

surprised the dealer took them back
I might have just ordered sockets to fit if they had them

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, they did not take them back. I still wanted them so I ordered the sockets that would fit them. Not a big deal to have to swap out the sockets to have brand new clear headlights again.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I took out the old passenger light and switched the bulb socket over to the new drivers light and it did exactly the same thing. It turns the wrong direction and ends up facing the wrong way. I went by the Ford dealership with the new light and they confirmed that for the 2006 model year it does indeed have a different part number for the signal bulb holder. The one that they show for a 2005 which is what I have is - 2U5A-13411-BB. They gave me the part number that I need for this headlight from a 2006 as being - 6c3z-13411-a. I had to order it as no one in the area has it in stock. So we will see once it comes in. I just wanted to update this post for anyone out there who may experience the same issue.
Well, this explains the problems people have with aftermarket headlights (yes, yours are oem).... The damn bulb socket actually changed...
This is a good find.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, the front turn signal bulb sockets changed from the 2005 year to the 2006 year even though the headlight housings carry the same part numbers and look identical. The only difference is the turn signal socket is slightly spaced different and rotated. To make matters worse, the aftermarket parts stores like Autozone, OReilly, and Napa all pull up the same part number for the bulb socket that I originally had on my 2005 for all the years that had this style headlight from 2005-2007. They can't even pull up the correct part number, only my local Ford dealer was able to show the difference and it seemed to surprise even them...lol.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I find lighting problems frustrating, and I’ve noticed a few problems with bulbs as I’m doing a LED conversion on some of my other vehicles.

The for Bayonet style bulbs like BA9s, the incdescents would light up whatever way the factory wired them, although the center of the bulb is. Supposed to be positive. Of course doing my car, mine were wired backwards so the LEDs would bot light up, I bought a reverse polarity bulb.

For a different Bayonet type bulb, my car had 1156 Bulbs. After learning my lesson, I checked to be sure the positive was in the center conductor, and I ordered a normal bulb only to find out the nipples for the bayonets were not in the same place and would not fit in the socket. The old style had it at 12 o’clock and 5 o’clock and the new LED had these bayonet nipples at 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock, so of course it didn’t fit. A DreMel fixed it, but the bulb doesn’t sit straight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.