Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 F350 6.0 DRW. I have a code for the front speed sensor. Do i need to buy a new hub or just the sensor and does anyone have a part number?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
You can buy just the sensor. Tousely Ford has good prices. Sorry I have no part number.
Call your Ford dealer parts department and tell them what you need. Ask for price and availability and the part #.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Well I haven't changed one in awhile but the sensor has always been replaceable, now the relucter is part of the hub. The relucter is like a toothed wheel that the sensor reads
if it has broken teeth you will need to change the whole hub.

By the way rust and dirt build up can plug the gaps between the teeth causeing the sensor to not be able to read the gaps. Sometimes all it needs is cleaning out with a wire brush. It can save you a few hundred $.

·
Administrator
30,488 Posts
you cant access the ring in the hub but it's likely fine since it's a sealed unit most likley a bad wire ,, you can ohm them out to check ;

I suggest Sunrise Ford since they are a sponsor and use code Diesel for an additional 10 bucks off

see their link in the sponsor section for a parts finder

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
you cant access the ring in the hub but it's likely fine since it's a sealed unit most likley a bad wire ,, you can ohm them out to check ;

I suggest Sunrise Ford since they are a sponsor and use code Diesel for an additional 10 bucks off

see their link in the sponsor section for a parts finder
I thought Tousely Ford was one of our sponsers. I will need to remember that.

Also are you saying that if you dismount the hub you can no longer get to the ring? I will need to remember that too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts