Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the drag coefficient of the f250 is? Or where to find the literature on it? Please no smart azz remarks like barn door or brick or boat anchor. I know its high I just want to know what the round about figure would be.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
According to this, a 2012 is 0.45 to 0.425Cd
2012 Ford Super Duty | Folsom
A brick is more like 2.1Cd. so a superduty is way more aerodynamic than a brick.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
It's funny you posted this, a buddy and I were talking about this the other night, after a 60 mile drive straight into a pretty bad head wind. He has a 2009 and his milage dropped about 1.5 and my 2006 only dropped 1.1. I know this means nothing but from looking at both trucks side by side, they 08+ frontend looks quite a bit bigger. We also looked for the drag coefficient of both trucks and could only find the 2012 specs.

Any how I think the 05-07 should be lower than the newer trucks. I could be completely wrong to.

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
Does anyone know what the drag coefficient of the f250 is? Or where to find the literature on it? Please no smart azz remarks like barn door or brick or boat anchor. I know its high I just want to know what the round about figure would be.
Damn...no fun!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's funny you posted this, a buddy and I were talking about this the other night, after a 60 mile drive straight into a pretty bad head wind. He has a 2009 and his milage dropped about 1.5 and my 2006 only dropped 1.1. I know this means nothing but from looking at both trucks side by side, they 08+ frontend looks quite a bit bigger. We also looked for the drag coefficient of both trucks and could only find the 2012 specs.

Any how I think the 05-07 should be lower than the newer trucks. I could be completely wrong to.
I wouldn't consider the mileage drop too closely, in fact I would have expected a 2009 to drop even more to be honesty given its already a huge fuel hog compared to the 6.0. Having said that I do agree the 2003-2007's do "look" a hell of alot more aerodynamic.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
I can squeeze out 33mpg if I fold my mirrors in!! LOL!!

Hey Bryan, if you find out the CD, let me know. When I first got the DashBoss, I was trying to find the answer for my fat bottom.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Stacked on stacks of stacks of stacks that stack....

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Sorry I had to

But back on the topic. How do you think a 6" lift would affect the Drag Coefficient?
it will DRAG it down:D:D:D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Stacked on stacks of stacks of stacks that stack....

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Sorry I had to

But back on the topic. How do you think a 6" lift would affect the Drag Coefficient?
Probably not as much a the mud flaps I have to add to pass a safety inspection because of my lift!

I have wondered about this too...I almost folded my mirrors in while driving through the Wyoming wind tunnel one day...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts