Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, since it sounds like you guys know your stuff I'd though I would get some of your input on my problem. I just bought my first diesel from a private seller for 24k. Amazing looking truck with only 79,000 miles on it. However, a week after I bought it I'm having trouble with it. After it warms up it seems to not want to start. It will sound like its starting three times and after that all you hear is a click when you turn the ignition. It has a brand new starter, all the relays have been checked, and the batteries. I think it might be the high pressure oil pump. Thoughts?

1,023 Posts
Hey, since it sounds like you guys know your stuff I'd though I would get some of your input on my problem. I just bought my first diesel from a private seller for 24k. Amazing looking truck with only 79,000 miles on it. However, a week after I bought it I'm having trouble with it. After it warms up it seems to not want to start. It will sound like its starting three times and after that all you hear is a click when you turn the ignition. It has a brand new starter, all the relays have been checked, and the batteries. I think it might be the high pressure oil pump. Thoughts?
Sounds like you have 1 of 2 problems.
1. Its hydrolocking causing the starter to go CLICK
2. You have a high pressure oil leak air leak check it. or biased ICP sensor unplug it see if it fires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I took it to a local mechanic who found it to be an alternator issue. However now after fixing that I'm still seeing that issue when it is hot. now it will just turn over endlessly until I give up and allow it a bit of time to cool. Then it will fire up. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
High pressure oil system internal leak.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since I'm still very new to the diesel world, would this mean replacing the high pressure oil pump? Or is there a better fix for this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts