Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
He s having fuel issues. He told me at H4H that the fuel pressure was dropping to 18psi when climbing the pass and it lacked power but seemed to come on at ground. I was standing 15yds behind that Ex when he dynod and you could hear it run out of fuel and fall down. Easy fix for that tho!!

Side note....

When you gonna naked some ball bearing 6.4 turbos Charlie?!?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yup as long as you don't go WOT your good. I drove all the way home it the fuel pressure cursing at 60-89 mph was 56-59ish. Only saw above 1300 exhaust temp once. That was jumping back onto I90 in Ellensburg, WA.

Not sure if this matter but the Excursion was in 4th gear when they told me to go WOT on the dyno.

This is a over 500 HP truck with better fueling. @toren302 you have built us a fantastic truck! When is this Dodge powerstroke sled puller build going to start?

Reactions: john galt

·
california deplorable
10,641 Posts
Naked some ball bearing?:poke

:hehe:
it's like SPD, kinda >:)

You know me. Love being naked and blown at the same time!!!

who doesn't :hehe:

Yup as long as you don't go WOT your good. I drove all the way home it the fuel pressure cursing at 60-89 mph was 56-59ish. Only saw above 1300 exhaust temp once. That was jumping back onto I90 in Ellensburg, WA.

Not sure if this matter but the Excursion was in 4th gear when they told me to go WOT on the dyno.

This is a over 500 HP truck with better fueling. @toren302 you have built us a fantastic truck! When is this Dodge powerstroke sled puller build going to start?
thats right! werent you going to build a re stroked, or came and went, or something like that :rofl:
i can hear the dodge boys panties getting all knotted up from here :hehe:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not to be a negative Nancy but I dont think a fuel system is going to make your numbers jump that much. I mean i guess there is a slight chance. I dynoed mine with completely stock fuel system and it dynoed the 575/980 in my sig with 35" mud tires on it. Jesse said his dyno usually dynos low also Fuel pressure would drop to about 25-30psi on the dyno pulls. I do think driving it and making long wot runs it will make a difference. Did I notice you are running a SPD tune? If so thats not the most aggressive tune and they say they dont always dyno the best. May even want to try some other tunes. If it matters when I went with the 6.7 pump on mine and home built regulated return. Couldnt be happier with that setup.

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,891 Posts

Hopefully soon!

thats right! werent you going to build a re stroked, or came and went, or something like that :rofl:
i can hear the dodge boys panties getting all knotted up from here :hehe:
The issue we will have with that build is that most sled pull rules state "Factory equipped engine" which means we will have to pull in unlimited or exhibition. Those usually aren't small builds. Sooooo we would have to go big on that one. I think I would rather build a dedicated 6.0/6.4 puller in a ford platform to actually compete in a class first. Then we will move on to the truck that will make the snowflakes melt.

·
california deplorable
10,641 Posts
makes sense to me :D
I am still trying to get my build finished off so no stones from my neck of the woods :hehe:
besides as fun as it can be to watch the snowflakes melt. they are almost too easy to give any sense of accomplishment. and a build like that deserves a sense of accomplishment
wondering aloud here, but perhaps you could say factory platform with a different body?
i dont do pulls so i have no idea how picky they can get :dunno:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Triple post

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Triple post

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
What do you think of this suspension build? Or just buy the Carli Excursion lift kit?

Suspension
Front: 3-in Atlas Springs with King 2.5 10-in-travel shocks
Rear: 5-in Atlas Springs with King 2.5 10-in-travel shocks

Tires/Wheels
Tires: 40/13.50R17LT Toyo Open Country M/T
Wheels: 17x9 TrailReady beadlock

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1708-2001-ford-excursion-travis-ravilles-excursion-means-adventure-for-the-whole-family/

I like how low it rides with the travel. 40s are to big maybe 37 or 35s

@toren302

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #151 (Edited)

This made my day after such a chit past 2 days!
Thank you @peixinho Charlie great guy! Sticker will be on Excursion Monday

Reactions: peixinho

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
As of now I don't have any prospects to store the Excursion, that could keep it maintained and complete my goals for a build.
I don't want to take it to the UAE with us. I could ship it over, but we would need to pull the lift and get oem wheels. I also don't want to risk breaking anything and not being able to repair it or able to get parts to fix it. Since it's still not finished to the point I want it, also acquiring parts once we get back could be a little difficult if items get discontinued.

With that I might just sell or trade it. Sucks with the money and parts put into it. With that I would list it at 32k ish and see if anyone bites. It would not be a fire sale or anything.

Weather Tech Rear cargo mat
Moog DS1438 Tie Rod End
1 of Moog K8607T Ball Joint
1 of Moog K80026 Ball Joint
Moog ES3427T Tie Rod End
Moog ES3422S Tie Rod End Adjusting Sleeve
Moog ES3423 Tie Rod End
Moog ES3426S Tie Rod End Adjusting Sleeve
Moog DS1439 Tie Rod End
Ford 3C3Z-9T517-AG Fuel Pressure Regulator "Blue Spring" Upgrade Kit
Ford Stand Pipe 6E7Z-9A332-A
Ford Oil Rail Dummy Plug W302908
Bostech EGR Valve EGR601
Ford Motorcraft FD-4616 Fuel Filter
Ford Motorcraft FL-2016 Oil Filter
Ford STC HPOP Fitting Update Kit 4C3Z-9B246-F
HFCM Water Separator Drain Plug Upgrade 6E7Z-9C082-A
MBRP FAL2313 Heavy-Duty Up-Pipe Assembly
" Edge Products 98617 EAS Competition Kit "
Edge Products 84130 Insight CTS2
ODAWG Stage 2 ported 6.0L Ported Intake Manifold
XDP 6.0L EGR Cooler XD180
Dorman 603-217 Coolant Reservoir
XDP 6.0L Coolant Filtration System XD143
ARP 2504202 Stud Kit
6.0 Powerstroke KC Turbos Stage 2
AFE 51-73003 Pro Dry S Momentum HD Intake System
Swamps Heavy Duty Rebuilt 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40 (+40 HP)
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc Injector
Ford Oil Cooler 3C3Z-6A642-CA
Head Gasket Kit 18mm
Plug Wire Harness 4C2Z-12A690-AB
Plug Wire Harness 5C3Z-12A690-A
Ford STC HPOP Fitting Update Kit 4C3Z-9B246-F
Ford 8C3Z-6565-B - ROD - VALVE PUSH
Turbo Oil Feed Line 3C3Z-9T516-A
EGR Pipe
Turbo Oil Drain Tube 6C3Z-9T515-A
Ultima - Starter R713370A
150 k Coolant
Freon
Custom Tune
AC Service
Head Gasket
Machine Heads
Fuel Filter Service
Coolant Filter Instal
Power Steering Flush Restore
Power Steering Flush Cleaner
Dorman - OE Solutions 600-207 4WD Front Hub Seal Kit
Monroe SC2961 Magnum Steering Damper
Replaced both RF Ball Joints upper and lower
Replaced LF outer tie rod, lub steering linkage, adjust steering wheel
Power Steering Flush
Steering Damper
Alinment
Part # 2764BS RedHead Gear w/36 Spline Sector
15W40 Oil
Alpine - 5" x 7" 2-Way Model: SPS-517
Maestro - Steering Wheel Interface Model: ADS-MSW
Metra - License Plate Back-Up Camera Model: BBBPC
Pioneer AVIC 6.2 Built-In GPS-CD/DVD Model: AVIC-5200NEX
Metra Installation Kit Model Number: 95-5817
Metra Turbokits Aftermarket Radio Wire Harness Model: 70-5519

Reactions: 06Mike

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Ha no it's going to stay in one piece

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #155

253 days later we have the Excursion back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)
It fits

Got it with a check engine light on and Sarah said it felt sluggish checked the codes
have codes P0470, P0480 and P0528.
I believe that the P0470 will cause the sluggishness, so I need to pull the EBP sensor clean the tube hopefully that will do the trick but can’t get to it for 3-4 days.
Need to buy tools also.

The other 2 should be from putting in the BPD water pump and 7.3 fan clutch.

Should be ok to drive with that code?
Think it’s from all the prolonged idling during shipping?
@toren302 @peixinho

Reactions: peixinho

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Good to see it made it in one piece. You are correct on the codes, shouldn't hurt anything other that the fun in driving it. Once you fix the 470 problem the others shouldn't throw a light. I would think after that trip across the pond it just needs the cobwebs blown out of it. Seems to me you might be able to find a nice stretch of road to do that on. Lol. I wouldn't think the turbo would get stuck as much as the tube plugging but you're on the right track.

Sent from my phone

Reactions: 5.9and6.0

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,891 Posts
It fits

Got it with a check engine light on and Sarah said it felt sluggish checked the codes
have codes P0470, P0480 and P0528.
I believe that the P0470 will cause the sluggishness, so I need to pull the EBP sensor clean the tube hopefully that will do the trick but can’t get to it for 3-4 days.
Need to buy tools also.

The other 2 should be from putting in the BPD water pump and 7.3 fan clutch.

Should be ok to drive with that code?
Think it’s from all the prolonged idling during shipping?
@toren302 @peixinho
Weird, i was ripping that thing around before they came to pick it up.and it was perfect. I would start at the ebp sesnor too and see what happens. The fan codes will be there but will never throw a light.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
We have a few roads that it’s 140km but on EVERY road they have a speed camera every 500-750 meters.

Who knows what they did during shipment it has a few extra bumps and scratches from shipping.

Would prolong idling caused a build-up to block the sensor?
@toren302 did you reset the tripometer before they took it?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #160

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 175 Posts