Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Maybe next time. All truth Sarah hates the red and the gold she would get a wrap or repainted in a heartbeat.
I know the Excursion will become my daily in time and I don't mind the red.
If we don't wrap it, I like this look but anything chrome blacked out. NOT that style of wheels also.

That picture reminds me how badly I need to install the square mirrors.

Unfortunately this;
arrived to late to have you install @toren302. The Excursion might have to cheat on you and be installed locally.
Yeah my Ex is red and gold, wife's is grey. Repaint (full pull) on hers was $8500 (I'm cheap ) including remove plastic body moulding and replace with rock guard. So wrap is definitely more cost efficient - long term wrap don't stand test of time paint will. Unless you seriously off road (we are bush fanatics with our ex's) and unfortunately they get scratched from the abuse. So wrap depending on useage is good idea.

As far as Russel lines hope you have better luck than we did - shop we dealt with said they were a no go - not fit/comptrable/etc. They said same about BPD 7.3 fan kit. Funny part to all of it I installed these non compatible/no fit/etc. parts myself.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,696 Posts
It could have been better. That s the 50dollar job I call the G8. :wall:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I don't think $50 to wrap a steering box is a bad price at all.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Maybe next time. All truth Sarah hates the red and the gold she would get a wrap or repainted in a heartbeat.
I know the Excursion will become my daily in time and I don't mind the red.
If we don't wrap it, I like this look but anything chrome blacked out. NOT that style of wheels also.

That picture reminds me how badly I need to install the square mirrors.

Unfortunately this;
arrived to late to have you install @toren302. The Excursion might have to cheat on you and be installed locally.
Russell lines are a pretty easy install, did mine in the driveway single handedly, installed speed bleeders at the same time so flushing the air out was easy

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
Picked up the Excursion today with the redhead steering gear box. Drives 100 times better. Went with a ported box just in case we choose to add hydraulic assist down the road.
I love my redhead steering box.

I have owned a lot of 99-07 trucks. Steering always left a lot to be desired, trying to turn while stopped SUCKED. My latest truck is the first one I ever put redhead steering box in. NOW IT DRIVES LIKE A NEW TRUCK.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I love my redhead steering box.

I have owned a lot of 99-07 trucks. Steering always left a lot to be desired, trying to turn while stopped SUCKED. My latest truck is the first one I ever put redhead steering box in. NOW IT DRIVES LIKE A NEW TRUCK.

I'm very surprised what a difference it has made. Next I need to budget for the S2R .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Russell lines are a pretty easy install, did mine in the driveway single handedly, installed speed bleeders at the same time so flushing the air out was easy

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Would love to tackle this myself. But I have discovered I'm worthless at some aspects of automotive work.
LOL
I would love to take a month off and go work in a shop learning what I have forgot or did not comprehend.
My dad built two trucks in the back yard shed I was to busy mountain biking and to young to remember and understand how to do somethings right.
I always get nervous I'll mess up and end up costing more having a professional fix my screw up.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
At hunting for horsepower 482 on the dyno good numbers but room to grow.
It was my first time on a dyno so maybe the Excursion has more in it.

The 190/30 are probably a bit to much for a stock pump. I'll post a video of the run later.

A few other minor modifications and we should see 500+!

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,891 Posts
At hunting for horsepower 482 on the dyno good numbers but room to grow.
It was my first time on a dyno so maybe the Excursion has more in it.

The 190/30 are probably a bit to much for a stock pump. I'll post a video of the run later.

A few other minor modifications and we should see 500+!
Couple small tweaks and she'll be over 5 easy!! Fun seeing and hanging with you at h4h. Sorry I left and headed into the arena, thought Nick needed help then started BSing and forgot about everything else. Hope you had fun. It was a better year than last for sure.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Couple small tweaks and she'll be over 5 easy!! Fun seeing and hanging with you at h4h. Sorry I left and headed into the arena, thought Nick needed help then started BSing and forgot about everything else. Hope you had fun. It was a better year than last for sure.

It was a great time out there nice meeting everyone on a social level. I hope they can organize the dirt drags a bit better. Good to know Nick was not broken.
The pulls are always my favorite event.
I intend to make this my forever rig so lets shoot for 600 :grin:. If you can keep it at the shop when I'm gone I know we can hit that mark!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I bet you would be over 500hp without those giant tires LOL.

Was the fuel cleaning up on the dyno? Maybe you are running out of fuel pressure?
LOL yea I'm pretty sure the 35's don't help lol

Yea my fuel pressure is the issue.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

Reactions: nighthawk285

·
Super Moderator
12,932 Posts
I bet you would be over 500hp without those giant tires LOL.

Was the fuel cleaning up on the dyno? Maybe you are running out of fuel pressure?
Hmmm....makes me wonder what mine would be without these 35s :sly:.

It was a great time out there nice meeting everyone on a social level. I hope they can organize the dirt drags a bit better. Good to know Nick was not broken.
The pulls are always my favorite event.
I intend to make this my forever rig so lets shoot for 600 :grin:. If you can keep it at the shop when I'm gone I know we can hit that mark!
Not broken, just some quick adjustments to put the truck into "sled pull" mode :wall:

Glad to have met you! If you leave it at Toren's shop long enough with a big enough check, he might even shoot for 700 :nod:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Hmmm....makes me wonder what mine would be without these 35s :sly:.

Not broken, just some quick adjustments to put the truck into "sled pull" mode :wall:

Glad to have met you! If you leave it at Toren's shop long enough with a big enough check, he might even shoot for 700 :nod:
Possibilities it would need to be still streetable.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #136

·
california deplorable
10,641 Posts
man first time i have seen a good pic of your ex. it's beautiful :nod:
i NEED to get me an ex one of these days :hehe:
of course i still have a fair ways to go getting my truck finished :look:
all i need is another project i can never finish :hehe:
when i was shopping for my truck i found an 05 ex in the desert beige color i like for only 5k...i STILL kick myself for not buying that thing :sad:
i do love my truck though i gotta admit I'm hooked :rofl:
i MUST have an s2r perhaps better fuel at leaast a good set of 150 /30's and my seats done.

then i can move on to upgrading the wifes suburban :evillol:

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
Sorry... I must have missed something because I saw a pic of your excursion with what looked like 38s... I must have misunderstood. 35s wont make a "huge" difference.

That video looks like you are cleaning up that fuel pretty well. Next is gonna be a fuel system.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help, IMO you should be above the 500hp with that setup.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Sorry... I must have missed something because I saw a pic of your excursion with what looked like 38s... I must have misunderstood. 35s wont make a "huge" difference.

That video looks like you are cleaning up that fuel pretty well. Next is gonna be a fuel system.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help, IMO you should be above the 500hp with that setup.
No that Excursion was just giving me a idea how it could look with the gold trim removed. Hopefully I'll get to order the SR2 sometime soon.

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,891 Posts

He s having fuel issues. He told me at H4H that the fuel pressure was dropping to 18psi when climbing the pass and it lacked power but seemed to come on at ground. I was standing 15yds behind that Ex when he dynod and you could hear it run out of fuel and fall down. Easy fix for that tho!!

Side note....

When you gonna naked some ball bearing 6.4 turbos Charlie?!?!

121 - 140 of 175 Posts