Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the page and looking for some advice. I have a 2005 f250 6.0 2wd. The truck started to get a high idle right under 1k rpms. The trans slips in drive but not reverse also when I put it in R N D it hits hard into gear. Only code is for glowplug. And p0657 when I last moved the truck the tow haul light started to flash. The fluid is dark red but no metal checked the harness from the pcm to the trans and the internal trans harness no fraying or shorts from what I can see. Tested the solenoids and they all clicked and and pushed fluid. Kinda lost on what to do next. Also the orfice tube that's supposed to be under the solenoid body is no where to be found. Any advice will be greatly appreciated I have a spare transmission and tcase from a 2003 4x4 6.0 would this work in the 05 truck? Truck already has a 4wd axle in the front

·
Administrator
30,758 Posts
how many miles on this trany ?

the flashing T/H button indicates there is a trany code

you have a 4x4 front axle under your 2wd now?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is 260k on the truck had 215k when I bought it. I have no idea if the transmission was ever replaced. Did fluid and filters about 15k ago. And the truck has a 05 axle in the front

·
Administrator
30,758 Posts
interesting on the axle

i guess you could mate the 4x4 tranny up you would need the rear driveshaft, front driveshaft, cross member, it would probably be best if it was a manual tcase otherwise you're going to need a bunch of electronics and programming to get the ESOF to work

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have everything to put the 4x4 transmission and tcase in. That was my plan with the 4x4 axle. But I have seen a few problems about the speed sensors in the 4x4 transmission causing it to throw codes and put the truck in limp mode with putting a 03 trans in a 05. Not really sure if this 2wd trans is bad or if it is wireing or a bad pcm. I would like to find out before I swap trannys and still have the same problem with the p0657 code and slipping

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wire harness

Does anyone know of a way to test the wire harness from the pcm to the transmission. The internal harness and the pcm? 2005 6.0 5r110w truck has p0657 code

·
"RLTW" Tennessee
989 Posts
99% of the time that code is due to a bad PCM. The yellow/White wire is the power to the solenoids from the PCM

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will a test light from the battery ground to the yellow/white wire work? Or is there another way of testing. And should they key be on or off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this old a old thread but did you ever fix this problem. I have a stock 05 and it is throwing the same code and acting just like your truck. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts