Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my stock 2005 6.0 is leaking where the transmission bolts to the engine. is this a common theme, if I remember correctly, this has been happening since I purchased the truck new. Ford did all the service work for the first 60000 miles and never said a word, when I mentioned it they did nothing. Should I be worried about repairing now 7 years later with 86000 miles? oil loss is minimal, any thoughts?:confused:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Could be a rear main seal, could be the bedplate or something else. Both are fairly common.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
If its a bed plate seal that whole cawk sucker is gonna have to be yanked out and ripped apart. That type of leak is very VERY common on a 6 leaker. I had ford do the rear main, crankcase seal, head gaskets, turbo lines on all seperate occasions and my #%^* still seaps oil. The leak could be coming from up top, check the ipr seal to.

But my advice to you is...

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
oil seepage at the rear of the engine where the trans bolts up is about as normal as it gets , id say 8 out of ten trucks in my shop has the same issue , could it be rear main , could it be bed plate , sure , if its just a seep dont waste the money to repair it

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Mine does it too but it is just enough to collect dirt. I have never had a drop actually fall on my driveway from it.

Dik

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Mine does it too but it is just enough to collect dirt. I have never had a drop actually fall on my driveway from it.

Dik
Mine too. I don't like seeing the leak, but it's not getting to the ground so I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Mine too, not sure what it is. Not hitting the ground. Wow, I feel better.....:D

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had this as well, ford replaced front seal 2 times, and the rear main seal 3 times. Once the warranty was out, they mentioned that the bed plate needed done. From my understanding ford put out a TSB stating that if these leaks reoccured then to reseal the entire bottom end.

I had this done, and full BPD while it was out, as well as ARP studs.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where and what did it cost you?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I live in phoenix az, diesel derminator is the shop I went to. around 4700 for total reseal of the bottom end, arp studs, gaskets, all the little tubes and plugs, BPD oil and egr cooler.

This is the best guy I have ever met when it comes to work.
He has set me up with 5 inch exhaust, amsoil oil changes, diff changes, CTS monitor, FICM. all at a price that no one could touch. Great work.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow thats a great price for all that work including the bottom end???????

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
Before I bought my truck I crawled under it, saw the bottom of the engine was bone dry and said sold!

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Before I bought my truck I crawled under it, saw the bottom of the engine was bone dry and said sold!
Dang it, i'll know NEXT time. Lol.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you got lucky.............

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Me too. But 50000 miles later, she leaks. And I dont give a faq

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
I've been keeping my eye on it. I may own the only 100% leak free 6.0L

1 - 16 of 16 Posts